Monday, January 31, 2011

mm


I'm loving this quote today:

"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.  This makes it hard to plan the day." -E.B. White

Story of my life.
Two.

I'm excited that Susan is coming over to watch The Bachelor with me tonight.  You can always count on Sus to love reality TV!!! I think it is just as much her 'guilty pleasure' as it is mine.  And I'm starting to like this season a lot!

Three.

I love the sermon at First Baptist Orlando yesterday.  It was on prayer.  The series, beginning with the New Year, has been "Seek" - a series through Matthew 6.
This is extra special to me, because Matthew 6 is the chapter of the Bible that got me through the overwhelming emotions I faced in the days surrounding the fire.  Someone from my sister's Sunday School class had asked my sister to read a passage to me from Matthew 6.  The sermon series at FBCOrlando hasn't gotten to this particular part - about not being anxious - but to be honest, I can't wait to hear Dr. Uth preach on my favorite passage... (and am totally anxious, but in the good way!)
Anyways, this past Sunday it was on PRAYER and the sermon was awesome.  Dr. Uth is a good teacher and church leader and that is something I respect more than ever.  A huge point that he preached about was that if we do not forgive others, God does not forgive us.  That is why I am such a fim believer in FORGIVENESS and every single person I've ever dated or been super close friends with knows that to be the complete truth.  So when people won't forgive me or won't TRY to forgive me, I am unable to understand it.  I believe the Gospel is about love, and love is all about forgiveness so that is why it is the greatest lesson of all and something that the Lord DOES NOT compromise with.  At the end of the servivce, we were asked to put down on a small piece of paper the names of people that we need to forgive in order to move on and receive the blessings that God gives us when we decide to forgive and love our enemies and to remember the most important part of being a Christian - forgiving others.  I prayed that these people would also forgive me for the things that have crept between us and caused the tension.  I wrote down three references to people that I pray for reciprocating forgiveness from:  C.M., C.S., and P.C.  I felt free - that I had broken the chains that have loomed over me for a long time - some longer than others.  They are all people who mean a lot to me, in completely different ways, but forgiveness issues always kept us away from ultimate happiness - and that is why I hope some of my prayers will be seen now that I have decided to forgive them in my heart.  Freedom in forgiveness is the surest way to peace of mind, I continue to learn. 

Four.

I love this quote, too:

"So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be." -The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Has anyone else read that book... don't you just LOVE it?

Five.

I'm really pumped because JOSHUA RADIN is coming to Orlando soon and I'm pretty sure I'm going to freak out if I don't see him perform. 
He handles my blues oh so well.




Six.

Hello NEW FOLLOWERS!!! You are the coolest :)



peace&love
baily

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the quote

new to blogging
follow me :-)

Kate said...

Great quotes and I LOVE LOVE LOOOVVVVEE Josh Radin. Such great music. I'll be so jealous if you get to see him play!

Check out my giveaway!
http://runningonhappiness.blogspot.com/2011/01/giveaway.html

XO, Katie

Chelsea said...

I love this post. I agree with you so much about forgiveness and even though it's hard sometimes, in order to have happiness and peace, we must forgive. Forgiveness will bring us closer to God, because after all God forgave us for our sins.

Have a great week! :)

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

awesome quotes! we're tevo-ing the bach tonight, can't miss an episode...total guilty pleasure. plus i think i might just propose to emily if no one else will, that girl is a golden nugget in a pail of tin coins.

loved hearing your message about forgiveness, so true. i'm working on it myself, thank you for the inspiration. good luck on the concert tix. happy monday. ♥

Anonymous said...

LOVING your blog! We are your newest followers :)

xo,
The Belles

Chelsea said...

Those are really cool quotes! Great post Bailey!

Dee Paulino said...

I love Mathew 6 verse 26. I have it framed in my bedroom. I am with you on the forgiveness part, I used to have a hard time forgiving people until I realized how freeing and healthy forgiveness can be.

Tess Atkinson said...

This is a lovely post, in parituclar the quote x

Elizabeth said...

I love JOSHUA RADIN!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Def loving The Bachelor this season! I am team Emily! She is the sweetest. I like Brad and how real he seems. But it could just be all show.

Never heard of Joshua Radin before now...his voice is so soothing :)

Courtney B said...

Ooooooooh how I love the bachelor! Definitely my guilty pleasure the my hubby just can't understand haha.
That would be so SO awesome to see Joshua Radin..love him as well!
CUTE blog!!