Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Happy Weekend, so far... :)

There's nothing better than a weekend full of friends, family, and relaxation - right?  Well, for me the only thing better is a little bit of achievement or productivity to go along with the relaxation so that I don't feel like I wasted the time away without getting things done.  And that is EXACTLY what I have done this weekend - hung out with good friends, spent some quality time with family, relaxed, and was productive in getting a huge project done. 

On Thursday, Mom and I moved all of that furniture and got my little sitting room set up and looking oh so Baily-like!!! And Baily does indeed like!!! I'm enjoying my new big tv and my little "me area" back here.  Here's a peep:



Thursday evening I went out to dinner with my friend, Adam, and we met another friend, Anthony, at Carraba's.  It was so yummy - I am obsessed with their chicken marsala.  It just never lets me down. Ever.  So it was good food, and we had a good time hanging out and telling funny stories.  Love those guys!



On Friday my 'Mamaw' drove over from St. Petersburg to visit for the weekend.  She and her husband "snow-bird" over on the Gulf coast and I DO NOT blame them!  There's no way in h-e-double hockey sticks I would want to be in Asheville, North Carolina during these blizzard-like months.  Brrr.... Alabama was bad enough, and needless to say, I am loving that I am a Florida girl again.  Trust me, on some of these chilly nights my litte free-bird self wants to migrate even further South. 
A pina-colada in Key West, anyone?!? 

Anyways, Friday night we went to Daytona to eat at Vince Carter's restaurant.  It was a nice family dinner in celebration of Daddy's health.  Twelve years ago to the day (yesterday), Dad was diagnosed with Stage IV Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  These are special milestones, every year, because we were uncertain whether we would ever see these days with him.  He's a man full of honor - he fought for his life, for his family, and he continues to live a very healthy lifestyle cancer-free!  He's my hero, to say the least, and I was BEYOND GRATEFUL for sharing that special dinner with my family last night.  We missed Ashley & Tyler (Sissy & B-I-L) but I know they were celebrating this family victory in their own way.  So yay - praise God!!!



And my food was SO GOOD.
This tomato, mozzarella, and balsamic salad was absolutely perfect. 
I'll probably crave it for months now.


And my Chilean Sea Bass was perf as well.  I really loved my meal.  Can you tell??


After dinner I went out hang with a few friends at my friends Justin & David's house.  We had a bonfire in the back yard and it felt good to hang out with some good ole Oviedo folk and kick it like we did back in the day.  I brought graham crackers, Hershey bars, and marshmallows to make s'mores and they were a HUGE hit, to say the least.  Who doesn't love a good s'more every once and a while???

Then today we started off browsing the flea-market in the nearby town of Sanford.  Apparently, it's America's Largest Flea-Market... woo hoo, right??  It wasn't how I remembered it... it has lost it's "bazaar/market type feel" that I remember it having.  I found a little gold-mine of vinyl records at one of the vendors places.  But, skimming through used vinyl is something I MUST do on my own - I DO NOT like being rushed through my favorite thriftly hobby.  Maybe I'll go back... maybe not. Ha!
We went to 'downtown Sanford' after that - over on the St. John's River.  It was a BEAUTIFUL DAY in Central Florida - so this was a nice daytime outing for me.  Sanford was having their farmer's market at the little town square area and I bought some amazing kettle corn to snack on before we ate lunch at a German cafe. 



I also bought this new bracelet.... 
You better believe I don't hit up a farmer's market
without buying something artsy to take home with me. 
It's a must! And it was too cute for $10...

I'm loving this big win for the Tar Heels over N.C. State that I just watched as I blogged this.  I just love Saturdays... always good games on television and usually lots of opportunity to hang out with some awesome people in my life.  Who knows what the rest of the day holds for me... as far as I'm concerned this trifecta with my lazy butt, the t.v., and this couch is working out just fine & dandy!!!

HOPE EVERYONE IS ENJOYING THEIR WEEKEND!!!

Tomorrow, church and a friends birthday party are on the agenda.
What will YOU be up to tomorrow?!?

peace and love
baily






10 comments:

ali v. said...

what a wonderful dinner you had last night...and what perfect way to celebrate that 12-year victory :) how special! sunday will include church and some organizing around the house...I wish our living room could look half as cute as yours!

make sure to stop by sometime tomorrow to enter my giveaway...it has your name written all over it! xoxo {av}

LifestyleBohemia said...

The sitting room looks so comfy & cozy - love it!
Have a lovely weekend!
xx

Ashley said...

your place looks sooo cutttte! the work was worth it!

Dee Paulino said...

Yay to your father's celebration. Stories like his never cease to make me smile. The new Baily space looks so welcoming and homie, I love it, good job!

Unknown said...

The living area is adorable! I wish I had a place like that but…here I sit stuck in a college dorm. Yay.

Congratulations to your dad!! That's awesome and I'm so happy for him!

Nicole Marie said...

your couch looks so comfy!!

Sarah @ Cubicle Sanity said...

Caprese salads are my absolute favorite. I heard the other day that when you are pregnant you cannot eat soft cheese.....Not looking forward to that day! No wine or cheese.....that will be a rough 9 months for this girl. Not saying that that is ANY time soon though. But just the thought ah!

Anonymous said...

your header is gorgeous! love your blog! come enter my giveaway!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a nice weekend! Love your sitting area! So cute! What do you use to edit your photos? Happy Monday!

Human Sparkler ♥ said...

What a great blog you have here! I am graduating college this year and so its always fun to see how ppl decorate their places. Keep up the good work!
-Katie

www.fashionsparklers.blogspot.com