Wednesday, January 26, 2011

VLOG :)



"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, dispairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know - quite certainly - that just to be alive is a grand thing."
-Agatha Christy


I finally did my 'Dialect Vlog' today.  I have been meaning to do it, but the camera that is built into my laptop was giving me some audio problems and I needed to charge my Sony Bloggie.  I got it figured out, though, and I finally have it for you!
The only technical difficulty that I had was the phone is ringing at the end, but you can still hear me.  It was fun to do, and everyone should join in! :)


Here's the list of words to say and questions to answer:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

▪ What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
▪ What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
▪ What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
▪ What do you call gym shoes?
▪ What do you say to address a group of people?
▪ What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
▪ What do you call your grandparents?
▪ What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
▪ What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
▪ What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
peace and love
bai

12 comments:

Alex said...

aww such a cute doggy! I had a boxer but she died last year from heart problems :(

Lacey said...

I LOVE this idea! I am stealing it :) tooo cute!

Kristen said...

you're so cute! i love hearing how everyone talks!

Unknown said...

too freakin' cute -- love the vlog =) I really enjoy getting to hear those that I'm following =)

PS: The bar is the Belle Isle Yacht Pub. I told Michelle about it so if you aren't doing anything next Friday -- it's low key-ish and small; we'll start around 8 =)
OH AND I hope to make it to the Chocolate thing in Baldwin on the 10th =)

Rissy said...

that's one of the funnest blogs I've seen. I feel like I should have done it before i listened to yours, but I think I will try it tomorrow anyways.

I was actually really surprised at how many things we say differently!

hope said...

Loved your vlog! I'm from the South as well so we say many things similarly. :)

Holli said...

You are seriously so cute! I loved this..... my mom was born in Alabama and my mom's whole side of the family is from Alabama. A lot of them moved to California when my mom was 4 so I grew up in CA but grew up in a house and family full of Southern people. I grew up eating Southern food, saying Southern words, speaking with a slight Southern accent.... it's just how I learned. So I loved your Vlog! Reminded me of my family and how they talk :)

Elizabeth said...

Awww..I love this! Great vlog! :-)

Liesl said...

You are simply adorable!

Liesl :)

Lindsey said...

loved the vlog!!! i just posted mine! haha.

Michelle (michabella) said...

Loved the vlog :) We say some things different! How funny.

Antoinette Musik said...

You are absolutely stunning! I am just loving reading through your blog.


antoinettemusik.blogspot.com