Thursday, January 13, 2011

President's Notes: LOVE ONE ANOTHER

Do you know what I mean when I say some things are just God sent? 

Like a self-awareness "sign" that you epiphanize with that tells you letting go sometimes makes you happier than holding on.
 Or a little birdie that reminds you that loving will always bring more happiness to you than hating will.
 And, there are those convictions from God that continue to teach us the GREATEST LESSON OF ALL - forgiveness. 

I experience a LOT of God sent things in these departments... and I think that is why I stay so positive during my harder times.  Because I continue to love, to have faith, continue hoping, and forgive even those that don't reciprocate this type of positivity that I am proud to possess.

So this morning when I woke up and saw a friend that had posted a blog about President Obama's tribute speech at the Arizona Memorial, I DEFINITELY took it as one of those "God sent" things. 

Here is my 'blog-friends' post, where she highlights a particular quote that sums up the feelings of a torn nation coming together as one in the wake of a tragedy.  As I re-read the transcript of President Obama's words that she had linked to her post, this excerpt from his speech was what was one of those GOD SENT things I am talking about. 

Something that I have struggled with over the past several months is this - being faithful in my perseverance throughout a certain situation where I longed for acceptance and understanding.  When my attempts to gain these things went unnoticed or ignored, I grew weary and tired - but God continued to tell me to keep up the good fight, take heart, press on, and continue to do the right things.  Maybe that is why I am ok during what some would think would be a devastating time for me.  I know that I was obedient to God and the lessons He taught me, and I can't be mad at myself or have any regrets for that.  So that situation that prevented so much happiness and love from blessing my life is what I think of as I FEEL every single one of these words spoken to us last night by our country's leader:

"So sudden loss causes us to look backward -- but it also forces us to look forward, to reflect on the present and the future, on the manner in which we live our lives and nurture our relationships with those who are still with us.  We may ask ourselves if we've shown enough kindness and generosity and compassion to the people in our lives. Perhaps we question whether we are doing right by our children, or our community, and whether our priorities are in order. We recognize our own mortality, and are reminded that in the fleeting time we have on this earth, what matters is not wealth, or status, or power, or fame -- but rather, how well we have loved, and what small part we have played in bettering the lives of others."

Those words were so powerful to me last night, and then reiterated to me this morning as I read back over the honest and sincere words. 
It gives me peace of mind because I know I was honest, kind, and compassionate like this passage talks about.  I know I loved well, and I loved selflessly.  I can be excited about the future knowing that I AM capable of loving, and I still do have faith that I am capable of being loved.  Even though my life continues to try to make me believe that I am not.  Kharma will bring me good things one day, I know that because I will continue to live a life of love and generosity, and I will let God continue to send me these little reminders that let me know He is control and I am just to be obedient and good things will come. 

I just hope that those who haven't opened up their heart to others will do that someday and experience the liveliness that it brings.  I went through life for a long time with my guard up and a closed-off heart and I was prevented from experiencing the joy that came when I finally broke free of those ways.  I am grateful to those that taught me to live with feeling and not principle and to continue loving even when I am feeling given up on, rejected, and unloved. 

I guess that’s why I am sharing this “more serious” post this morning.  Maybe it can be a “God sent” thing for you, like it was for me.  Maybe by spreading this love, spoken by our American leader, can reach those that need it and can use it to persevere, continue loving, and to help remember what is important and what is not.

Much love, y’all!

Peace and Love
Bai

4 comments:

Dee Paulino said...

"to continue loving even when I am feeling given up on, rejected, and unloved." Those are wise words to live by.

Michelle (michabella) said...

Love this. I am not an Obama fan but he gave a good speech last night. I retweeted this quote this morning as it was my favorite: what matters is not wealth, or status, or power, or fame -- but rather, how well we have loved, and what small part we have played in bettering the lives of others. I strive to live my life in and by love (as is the title of my blog). If only we all strived to do the same...

You are an amazing gal <333

BJJ said...

Thanks Ana & Michelle!
Good lessons to learn and to take to heart, I agree! Have a great afternoon! <3

-bjj

Chelsea said...

Wow, this is an amazing post.
Thank you for being so real and sharing your heart and what you're learning. This was kind of God sent for me.

Praying for you!