Wednesday, January 5, 2011

WILW

I'm definitely loving a lot about this new year already.  I love the people that are a part of my days on the reg; but I REALLY miss the ones that I wish I could see more than I do!!! I'm glad that there's sort of a blank slate before me, with this new calendar, and I am VERY eager to learn and DISCOVER what all I am going to DO, SEE, and LEARN.
Just hoping the lessons musn't be learned as BRUTALLY as they were last year... but that's God's decision not mine.  What is up to me is to keep a loving attitude, and continue creating myself with all the things that God's love blesses me with. 
The world is my canvas, right?
What I'm Loving Wednesday is just in time... since I've been listening to The Beatles a lot lately and have love on my mind.


*I'm loving my relationship that I have with this amazing woman right here...

photo by me / edited by me on picnik.com
I've definitely had a great time living back at home with Momma.  She is SO awesome and I'm so glad and thankful that she is as supportive of me as she is. Even though we both share the same wish that my life would have played out a little bit (or a lot of bit) differently, she is still very good to me and always about reminding me that it is never too late to reinvent myself, or regain my strength, and swtich my DiReCtiOn - whenever and wherever that may be.  I'm so lucky that I have a mother who is also my best friend, my main source of comfort, and my sister in Christ.  The BEST part about her is her unwavering faith in our Good and Mighty God.  She is definitely a woman of strong faith and someone I look up and admire in SO MANY ways.  I know Dad, Ash, and I are so thankful for the woman that she is. 
Plus, we're roomies now... and we're growing closer than we've ever been.
It's really groovy. if you ask me! ;)

*I'm loving these kicks that I bought today at Urban Outfitters when I was at Mall at MilleniaI was able to browse Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, and Anthropologie while I was there.  I didn't do much shopping - just ran in to those 3 stores because M at M is right by my doctor's office.  Speaking of, I really like that my doctor's office is across town - on that side of Orlando.  I always drive by the beautiful and simple skyline of what I always knew as "my big city" The City of Orlando.  It really is a wonderful place and I am enjoying being home in Oviedo - just a hop, skip, and away from the downtown O-town area.  As for shopping... this place is the jackpot and sooooo not Tuscaloosa, Alabama.  Haha.  I like having a variety of places to stop and shop at - especially when I find fun sneaks like these!

photos by me / edit by me at picnik.com
I'm already pretty much in
l o v e
with them!
You should know my favorite color is
TURQUOISE
and my alter-ego's name is Daisy
...but it was still hard to narrow it down to just these two (2 for $30 sale) because they had such cute designs and colors!

*I'm loving the album Speak Now - you know, from our fav girl Tay Swift. I've got quite the music crush on Taylor Swift's new album...
SPEAK NOW 
and here is what I've got to say about it:  TAYLOR SWIFT KNOWS ABOUT LIFE.
She has got the beautiful and tragic life of dreams, devastation, and devotion down to a art.  She's lived, and loved, and run wild, and is full of hope... faith... and love.
I believe in those things again.  I'm glad I am able to BE INSPIRED, still.  Because at one time in my life I thought I had let someonehad completely crush any chance of me believing in love - magical love, crazy love, basically any sort of romantic love. BUT, I DO believe in those things now... especially FATE, DESTINY, and TRUE LOVE.  Listening to this album, I am able to celebrate my open-heart, my bruised-heart, but my heart that still loves.  Despite what it's been through... it loves and it loves madly. That's what I am reminded of when I listen to this new album.  Can you tell that I think it totally rocks?
It's just, like I said, the girl knows about life..... just sayin'.

photo found on google / edited by me on picnik.com
My favorite (well they all are), but right now the fav one is this - and like
OH. MY. GOD. It is dead-on perfect for me right now in my life.  Can you say "repeat?"
Innocent
I guess you really did it this time
Left yourself in a war path
Lost your balance on a tight rope
Lost your mind trying to get it back

Wasn't it easier in your lunchboxes days
Always a bigger bed to crawl into
Wasn't it beautiful when you believed in everything
And everybody believed in you

It's alright, just wait and see your string of lights are still bright to me
Oh, who you are is not where you've been
You're still an innocent, still an innocent

Did some things you can't speak of
But at night you will live it all again
You wouldn't be shattered on the floor now
If only you had seen what you know now then

Wasn't it easier in your firefly catching days
Everything out of reach, someone bigger brought down to you
Wasn't is beautiful running wild 'til you fell asleep
Before the monsters caught up to you

It's alright just wait and see your string of lights are still bright to me
Oh, who you are is not where you've been
You're still an innocent

It's okay, life is a tough crowd
32 and still growin up now
Who you are is not what you did
You're still an innocent

Time turns flames to embers
You'll have new Septembers
Everyone of us has messed up, too
Minds change like the weather
I hope you remember.
Today is never to late to
Be brand new

Oh, it's alright just wait and see your string of lights are still bright to me
Oh, who you are is not where you've been
You're still an innocent
It's okay, life is a tough crowd
32 and still growing up now
Who you are is not what you did
You're still an innocent

Lost your balance on a tight rope
Oh, it's never too late to get back.

-Taylor Swift

Wow, right??? She is the bomb.com!
That is definitely a message I enjoy singing to myself in the shower... it ain't a bad one to start my day off to, I mean... did you read it?  Life's going to be ok!  Aight, cool.
But, hurry - go download that song. 
Better yet, download the entire SPEAK NOW album!
It rocks.

*I'm loving my new MAC makeup!  It was definitely time for me to get some new, fresher makeup for my face.  You gals know how it is when winter-time hits and our faces seem to go... blah.  Well, maybe not for you lovelies, but mine does!  It definitely needs a little kick in the ass come winter time.  That's why I got some good Studio Tech Foundation & some other goodies and it's has definitely made me feel better about myself!
So, I'm definitely loving that!!!
photo(1) source: google.com / photo(2) my personal webcam
I took this with my Hewlett-Packard 'youCam' as I typed that up about my new makeup ;) 
hey y'all! 
*I'm loving my growing collection of bohemian/hippie bracelets. 
I have always been a big fan of them and used to have A LOT of them but when you add a house fire to the mix, you end up getting me on a mission to rebuilding the collection
(plus adding more!). 
Here are a few of my newest ones. 
OH BUT THAT'S DEFINITELY
NOT ALL OF THE RECENT BUYS!!!
ohoto by me / edited on picnik.com by me
one day I'm going to
photo-shoot them ALL ...

*I'm DEFINITELY loving all of my
NEW FOLLOWERS! Thanks for hanging out at Picking Wildflowers! 
I'd love to learn more about you!

That's it for
WHAT I'M LOVING WEDNESDAY
don't forget to LINK UP with

peace and love
baily

p.s. I think I'm about to post a video blog!
Agghhh.. I'm nervous!

WHAT ARE YOU LOVING?
oh, please tell...


10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love to hear what you love! I am glad to be following the blog that puts faith in the foresight! Go you!! And those shoes!! Ahhh! I want them!!

Michelle (michabella) said...

TOtally loving those new kicks ya got!!! And that picture of you and your mommy :)

kebowman said...

cute blog!! I'm so glad i found you!!! i love everything on your What I'm Loving Wed!!!! :) hope to talk to you soon!!

Kaleena J. said...

i'm loving this year too. it just feels... good. my favorite color is also turquoise... making me very jealous of those shoes.

Jamie said...

Thanks for playing along!

Sounds like you have a wonderful mama :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I absolutely heart this post. I love the kind of relationship that you have with your mom. I hope you guys have an amazing 2011

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Great things to love - you have such a great attitude!

Susan said...

LOVE the new shoesies!!! I want some :) Reminds me of being a tiny awkward fourth grader...you were probably the same little awkward child like me ;) Also -- TSwift is my girl -- loooove her new album especially that song you spotlighted!

Dee Paulino said...

I am loving the new Taylor Swift album as well, I can relate to many of her songs. Oh, and, I am loving your orange shoes too.

Ps: Moms rock!!

Anonymous said...

I love the Speak Now album so much!