Thursday, January 27, 2011

bc i have nothing else to blog about...

Today I am being a little busy bee and moving furniture.  When I moved home from school, I decided I would "live" in the room that my Sissy grew up in, I would change my childhood bedroom into a "sitting room" slash "tv den" and I would turn the 'Guest Room' back into a 'Guest Room' because for years that room had been the "tv den" or whatever you want to call it.  So, basically - we've played musical chairs with the furniture on this end of the house. 

To say that I'm a little tornado would be an understatement.  But, it is coming together!  After the fire, instead of replacing some of the outdated electronic devices that I had and lost, I put that money toward the replacement money for the mediocre t.v. I had and bought a 47 inch LCD tv.  I'm really pumped about it, and I can't wait for it to get set up. 

While I was cleaning out my drawers today and moving everything around, I came across some extremely nostalgic and silly things that made me smile and remember such great times growing up.  I had a good time doing this and I came across some things I hadn't thought about in years.

Like this Fourth Place finish at the Freshmen/Sophomore County Championships.  I'll never forget this race for the rest of my life.  It was a Thursday afternoon, I wasn't feeling well AT ALL, I had gotten in trouble at school and  I was freaking out that my parents were going to ground me, and it was about 400 degrees outside.  My co-captain, Jenny Barringer (who is a professional runner now. Oh yeah, and an Olympian) couldn't run in that race that day because she was sick.  In the case that she would have ran, that ribbon would have said "Fifth Place" - just in case you didn't get that.  So I was all nervous on  ths start line because all the other teams in the county had multiple freshmen and sophomores on the start line and in matching uniform.  Not me, I was there all by myself... the only girl in an Oviedo uniform, and wigging out on the start line (like I always did) But I ran my tail off, by myself, and was proud of my finish.  (Even though I knew that since Jenny hadn't run I was actually the fifith fastest freshmen or sophomore in the county that day.  But hey, you gotta compete to count, right? ;)

Then I came across this little 'love note' from high school.  I have NO IDEA why my "first love" and I had this thing with Garfield cards... but it seemed like we always did that for some inside joke of a reason.  It was funny - sitting down  and reading these leftover memories of such young, wild, and innocent love.  I have thought about him a lot lately... not in any romantic or lovey dovey way.  But because I wish him well.  It seems like ever since I got home, everyone asks if I've seen him.  If I've seen "them", I should say.  He is married now... he got married the weekend I moved home.  He married his "second love", and so did she.  I am happy for them.  They are both beautiful people, and the proof is in their precious little boy... who I have only seen pictures of.  It really isn't that weird - my "first love" being married with a baby.  I know he probably makes her so happy... I never doubted that he'd be a good husband and father someday.  He has a wonderful family that taught him the good lessons in life, and I know that is what will take him far.  I'm proud of him - and I wish very badly that we could be friends - but for reasons like our past, I know that will never be a reality.  Still, I have no idea if they'll ever see this - but I've always wanted them to know that I wish them the best and that I pray for wonderful things for their family.  On a lighter note, it was extremely fun to reminisce on that special time in my life.  When I first learned all the many lessons that fall under the category "love".

Happy Valentines Day Sweetie!
It is so exciting to experience all the holidays and birthdays with you
as my amazing girlfriend for the first time.  I love being your boyfriend, Bai!
I think about you all day, every day until the next time I see you.
It's obvious that we both love each other A LOT because after all our
little fights we always go right back to being so happy!!! I hope to spend many
more Valentine's Day's with you, because you mean the work to me, BJ!
Love,
Alan

I love it. Haha! How precious.

Then I found my "Junior Year" yearbook picture.  Haha - cheeeeesy!!!
I always sort of HATED picture day... and it was always at the end of August which was my birthday.  I never liked sharing my birthday with picture day!


Then I was reminded of my many days at Oviedo High School's famous Mikler Field as the Lions' batgirl.  This was suuuuch a BIG deal to me.  You have no idea! 
You better believe that I was one of the best little bat girls that team ever saw ;)  But, not kidding - I was SUPER GOOD at keeping the books, taking care of the team, keeping the 'umps' hydrated, and flirtin' my little butt off with those boys!!! Haha.  I wasn't Class of 2005's "Class Flirt" for no reason, folks! ;)

I was one hell of a good-luck charm, too! Exhibit A:  This isn't the only game-ball I received for kissin' it before a big game and the Lions getting the win!
I found a couple of these today actually...


I always love running across all my old notes from high school.  No, of course I don't mean school notes, I mean the juicy-gossip notes!  Y'all know me as a blogger/journaler, so you can only imagine what I was like as a little Queen Bee note-writer!  My freshmen year of high school the majority of my notes were written to Adam.  And they were rarely ever full of juicy-gossip but rather stupid, nonsense that is typical of Adam and I and our relationship.  I still read these every time I come across them.  They always have the best nicknames for me on them... and they were always written to make me smile - and they still do!
Happy that tonight I get to go on a best-friend-date with
 Adam for some yummy sushi!! woo woo.

I love that we are still as close or closer than ever - after all these years. 
He's a true gem!

I  found these little daisy hooks that I forgot I had!! I remember I had them in my room in high school, when it was yellow/red and daisy themed.  I think I can probably use them in my little sitting room/tv den, so I am going to see what I can do with them once I get to hanging stuff on the walls! :)


I had a huge smile on my face when I saw this picture.  It  is SO COMFORTING that the majority of us girls are still SO CLOSE and have ties and bonds that distance, time, and changes just don't threaten in the least bit.  I love these amazing women with all of my heart.  It is hard to believe how long it's been and how strong each one of us has become.  I hope they know how much they mean to me. 
They have been one of the BEST parts about 'coming home'. 

Tiffany, Jenn, Cassandra, Baily, Justine, Dana, Beth, Landon, Savannah

Well that was fun... gotta get back to my project and finish this game of furniture edition musical chairs.  Aaah, but it's going to be SO WORTH IT when it is finished.

And I'm stoked about my sushi outing tonight! YUM.

Who is ready for the weekend already???

peace and love
bai


 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

It is so much fun running across memory items like that =) Pictures are my favorite 'memory' to look at again =)
I'm totally ready for the weekend!! I have had a day from Hell!!!! =/

PS: SUPER cute Junior High picture -- my school pictures are absurdly awkward haha!

Jesslyn Amber said...

Love this! Your school picture is SO cute! All of mine were horrible! I hated picture day.

I love coming across things like this! It's so fun to reminisce about childhood and high school! :)

Mimi said...

oh my gosh, this is making me want to go find my old school photos, letters from friends, yearbook, etc. ;)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Rissy said...

really like old school posts! very fun

Just wanted to tell ya I am doing the dialect VLog tomorrow! (ok well honestly I already did it)

www.rissyblogs.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Oh I remember finding my box of old OHS memories, how times have changed. I am now the married one with kiddos! My husband was curious of some of my notes! Love reading your blog, tell your family hi for me!

Sarah @ Cubicle Sanity said...

Girl, I cannot believe how dark your hair was!! Don't you just love those haunting highschool photos?! Ha.
Next time I am home I will get one of mine and post it for your viewing pleasure.

Holli said...

It's always fun to sort through old memories like that... fun memories... the ones that make you smile and say "thanks for the great life so far" :)

Good post!

Dee Paulino said...

memoryland! remembering the old days, HS days, "dark days for some, like me haha," it's always fun.

kebowman said...

Hey Baily!
I awarded you! :)
http://krystalbowman.blogspot.com/2011/01/7-facts.html

Harshad said...

Old is Gold..

Wise Rabbit Says said...

such a sweet post ! i love finding old things that have certain memories
i would love for you to check out my blog and tell me what you think
Ashley
http://wise-rabbit-says.blogspot.com/