Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Weekend, so far...

Hello lovelies! 
I hope everyone’s weekend has been as delightful and relaxing as mine has!  The best part about it is that the weekend isn’t over yet.  So here’s to Sunday Fundays!
If your Sunday Funday includes sun-bathing,
this one has already beaten you to it.

I have gotten to spend a lot of time with some really awesome people this weekend.  I went to a nice dinner with my parents on Friday night at a local Italian restaurant, ‘Peppinos’.  It was so good & a nice change from the restaurants we usually go for.  We originally had in mind sushi and a movie, but we couldn’t get a table at ‘Sushi Pop’ so we settled on eating elsewhere and saving the movie outing for Tuesday.  Our local movie theater offers $5 movies all day on Tuesday – that’s a deal!!!  It is SO expensive to go to the movies as a family these days – geesh!
Saturday I got my new room looking a little more like “Baily” and I got some of my décor and accessories out of storage.  It feels nice to see my room start coming together.  It is especially great that I am back at home – the last place I thought I would want to be.  I am home under some pretty irregular circumstances – as far as how my life played out with school and stuff – but it is exactly where I want to be and even though I may “have it any other way” as far as the certain circumstances are concerned, but in regard to living at home right now in this phase of my life – I would NOT have it any other way.  I love it.  The neatest part is watching my sister’s room she grew up in (then Mom changed it into more of a guest room), become my own space, my area, and have it adorned in all things my style. 

I reorganized the beautiful oak bookshelf that was my great-grandfather’s and an original from the 1800’s.  It is so special, and I am glad that my mom is letting me keep it in this room.  I’ve grown quite attached to some of my great-grandmother’s quilts, as well.  I think it is because after the fire in April everything of mine was brand new… lots of things still have tags on them even, and I miss the feeling of comfort that comes from a worn pair of pants, a homemade blanket, and the smell of old books and photographs.  I have the perfect mix of my childhood, and my new life that I got to sort of “start over” with last year. 

After I got my room looking more like “me” and less like a guest room, I headed over to my friend Susan’s townhome.  I admire her so much and it’s comforting to be around these friends again.  Her boyfriend, Dean, was there and we were watching his beloved Pittsburgh Steelers play… and our other close friend Justine Positano (who I usually refer to on here as “Posi”) was there.  I loved the laid back hang-time with them… and Susan made some yummy nachos that I inhaled.  I even let Susan show me pictures of Tim Tebow in a pair of Jockey underwear… and if that isn’t a sign that I have changed my ways in some pretty drastic measures then I don’t know what will. ;)

After I left Susan’s, I stopped by Adam’s house.  He’s one of my very best friends and we have a pretty storied and special friendship.  I call him one of life’s rare gems!  I visited with him for a while, which means I laughed until it hurt, and then I went home and was asleep before midnight.  More good changes: I actually sleep since I moved home and I go to sleep early and get a healthy amount of rest - - - and trust me, my attitude totally shows it… I seem to sleep off a big chunk of “Bitchy Baily" most nights!
This morning, Momma & Daddy & I went to the 11:00 service at First Baptist Orlando.  I had mentioned in a previous post that we had visited there several times, but we felt a little young for the 9:00 service crowd, but Mom & Daddy feared the 11:00 would be too loud and contemporary for their liking.  So this morning when Mom came in my room to force a cup of coffee down my throat and get me up and in the shower, she said “we’re going to the ‘Rock n Roll service’ at First Baptist Orlando at 11:00.”  Haha… that’s what they refer to the contemporary music style – it cracks me up.  I don’t care for the real rowdy kind of praise music, but I do like a little something I can clap my hands to.  And boy did I get it…
The Watoto Children’s Choir from Uganda celebrated in a high-spirited worship this morning.  The Watoto Children’s ministry is a place that rebuilds the lives and restores hope in the lives of the 50 million-plus children who are orphaned as a result of war, HIV/AIDS, poverty, and disease in Africa.  Twenty-two absolutely beautiful children of God sang to me “I Am Not Forgotten, Jesus Knows My Name” and “Nothing Compares to Jesus” and I fell in love with this ministry.  I am DEFINITELY going to put my researchin’ boots on and see how I can help make a difference for this awesome, awesome mission.  After church, I visited the Special Guests table in the lobby and purchased a beautiful, hand-made necklace from the children at Watoto.  I am in LOVE.  I wanted to buy it all!!!

Now, I’m going to rest a little and get ready for the ALL-STAR ACOUSTIC JAM tonight.  I can’t wait!!!  Michelle and I are going to have so much fun – I am so blessed to have a friend like her in my life!  As if her positive outlook on life, her Christianity, her shared love for the ‘blogging world’, and the fact that she lives in the same neighborhood community as I do weren’t enough – God went ahead and threw in the love for good country music, too.  Now that’s what I call a bLeSSiNg!!!!  
I forgot that a lot of people have a 3-day weekend this weekend, and aren’t going back to work/school until Tuesday.  So maybe this is the winding down and end to a great weekend for you, or maybe you are living up the fact that you don’t have anywhere to be tomorrow… but I hope you’re having a great Sunday and have had a great past couple of days – I sure have!  And like I said, it ain’t over yet…
I will be sure to take some pictures of our fun night at the Hard Rock tonight!!!
Can’t wait to see what all y’all have been up to this weekend!
peace and love
baily

Today's scripture was on giving to the needy.  This verse has always helped guide me in my passions for advocacy, children with disabilities, orphans, foster children, at-risk individuals, etc.
As a Christian, it should be natural of us to GIVE, to HELP, and to MEET THE NEEDS of people who need it.  The children.  The poor.  The weak.  The disabled.  And we are to do it to glorify God, not seek attention and praise from the world or others.  Our reward will be the blessings God pours down on us when we spread His love, FOR HIM. I was so excited to see this be the topic of today's sermon at First Baptist Orlando:

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.  Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others.  Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.  But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret.  And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

Matthew 6:1-4

Something that the Pastor said that stuck out to me was this:
When you sew sparingly, you reap sparingly.  When you sew graciously, you reap graciously.  God is gracious in rewarding you with blessings. 
Is this not true???  I've found it to be very true.

10 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

Cute picture of Millie!! Jax was sun bathing today too! Love what the Pastor said about sewing graciously. So very true!! SUPER excited for tonight!!!! Cya in a few hrs! God has blessed us both :)

Dee Paulino said...

Your room looks so chic and happy! I love the pillow. Your mom is lovely, that note she wrote speaks wise words.

janel. said...

you make me so happy! love love love it. I also totally need one of those necklaces!
xo
janel

valncami said...

your pup is so cute!! thank you so much for your lovely comment on our blog! be sure to come and check back for our actual shoot on the dresses!!

xo, camilla & valerie
abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

Young People in Love said...

Hey thanks so much for the sweet comment! This little pup looks like the BEST pup ever! So cute!

Holly said...

Wow I LOVE your room, especially that journal with "Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself" on it. Best quote ever. :)

Petitebine said...

Fantastic post! Love the colours of your room. Our house is very colourful as well ;)
Enter the give away on my blog if you want!

x
WWW.CHOUCHOU-ROBINE.COM

cathy. said...

Love the decor in your room! That note from your mum is pretty sweet :)

xx

Bridget said...

your room is so colorful and lovely!

abby jenkins said...

You r room looks great, I love that note from your mom. You are fortunate to be surrounded by such wise people, she and your pastor seem to really know the score.