Monday, January 17, 2011

the miscellany today

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Link up here

One.

This is what I get every single morning - a bunch of Boxer kisses, limited leg room, and lots of wiggling little nub tails.  These dogs crack me up and make my life full of smiles and good laughs.  I can’t tell if Lola (center) and Jackson (right) are sick of Millie (left) living here in Florida with them.  They seem to be getting along great, but then again Millie is hoarding a lot of attention to herself and I’m beginning to think “Aunt Lola” has about had enough of it! Ha!
Two.
I am going to spend a great deal of the day shopping online for furniture so I know what I want to go look at in person when I blitz Orlando’s furniture stores later.  I have been looking forward to ordering a piece of furniture to call “mine” ever since the fire.  It has been fun and all to shop and buy a new wardrobe, but I wasn’t your biggest shopaholic to start with… I am pretty tired and exhausted from replacement shopping – it isn’t very therapeutic anymore.  I’m going for the coastal/sea-board cottage-y look… what do you think??
I'm crushin' on this Stanley Furniture 'Coastal Living' collection...
I just find it so Southern, so coastal, so clean, so happy, so what I need!!!
Three.
Please pray for my ‘Papaw.’  He had to be taken to the hospital yesterday.  He seems to be doing fine, and they just kept him to run some extra tests and stuff, but pray that it was nothing too serious!!! He’s probably the coolest grandfather I know, and he reads my blog so – HI PAPAW!  Get to feeling better! I love you!
Four.
Michelle and I had a BLAST at the All-Star Acoustic Jam last night.  I am so glad we got to do that & we saw some pretty amazing entertainment, if you ask me.  I heard SO MANY of my favorites that I don’t even know which one I would say was the best.  I do have to say that at the end – the encore part of it all when the entire line-up all came out together – they played my absolute favorite HANK WILLIAMS, JR. songs – ‘DINOSAUR’, then it spun off into some Vanilla Ice, then to some STEVE MILLER BAND’s ‘JOKER’ (which I wish my sister was there to enjoy!) and then somewhere in their little encore mix was THE BEATLES’ ‘HEY JUDE’ and I seriously got goosebumps!!!  It was like the the very best (and live) country-fried, party playlist ever!  I had a really good time - thanks Michelle! :)

 
so of course she caught me doing my infamous wildflower dance...
Before the show started I had to tell her...
 "now... my Sis makes fun of me because when I hear music
I just go into my own little world and throw my hands everywhere and wiggle
so I apologize in advance if I embarass you..."


Click here to visit Michelle's fantastic blog & leave her some love!
I promise you will adore her.
(And check out the pretty cupcakes she made this weekend...
I may or may not be scarfing one two down right now.)
Five.
I’m doing my first blog swap with Teaching In Heels.  It’s an accessories swap and I’m so excited – I think you should probably mosey on over to her blog and sign up for it yourself.  It should be a good time! Click here to join the swap!


Quotable

I believe humanity was born from conflict. 
Maybe that's why in all of us lives a dark side. 
Some of us embrace it.  Some have no choice.  The rest of us fight it. 
And in the end, it is as natural as the air we breathe. 
Some point, we're forced to face the truth... about ourselves.
-Penelope Garcia

Peace & Love
Baily

13 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

I totally got goosebumps too when they played Hey Jude!!! I love that dresser and bed set! AND I am loving that picture of your puppies!!!!! Love it. I am sitting in my bed with my pup and my parents! <3

Nicole said...

those pups are so cute..and I love that dresser. Hey Jude ALWAYS gives me goosebumps...one of my favorite memories is seeing paul mccartney sing it live...it was AMAZING!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Your lil wildflower dancing was too cute to NOT take a picture of. I snapped it when your fav Hank Jr song came on. :) My breakfast consisted of a cupcake... ;) Thanks for the shot out <3

Rissy said...

new follower! can't wait to read more

www.rissyblogs.blogspot.com

Dee Paulino said...

How nice it is you Papa reads your blog!! Oh and the sea-board is lovely. Happy Monday :)

Tressa Mae said...

those pups are adorable! I love boxers. I am a new follower looking forward to more!

Amanda said...

I tagged you in this award!

http://collegegirl-abf.blogspot.com/2011/01/award.html

jenny said...

Get better soon, Papaw! <3

Jenny King said...

Thanks for the comment. Your dogs are seriously cute :)

Kelly said...

LOVINGGGGG the furniture that you picked out!! and super cute photos of you and your friend! and i love "hey jude". it's one of my most favorite beatles songs!

thursday said...

oh hello there little nubby tails! a bed full of cute...that ain't a bad wake up call :)

ruthpclark said...

Those dogs are too cute!

The Body Electric said...

That dresser is DIVINE and the bed is pretty lovely as well!!!! I say go for it! They are classic pieces so over time however your interior may change you can just paint them differently if needed!