Monday, January 24, 2011

the miscellany

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

One.
I'm in love with this song right now...



Two.
Yesterday I went to First Baptist Orlando with my parents and Michelle and heard a great message on "fasting" and how we can grow closer to God by giving up something that distracts us from spending time on our spiritual relationship.  I really enjoyed it and I think the pastor, Dr. David Uth, is an awesome speaker!
Later last night, I went to "Status" with Savannah and felt another tug at my heart that it is time to take my relationship with God to the next level. I know that I have a special heart for missions work, volunteering, and serving, and I am so ready to get out there and help people in some way!!! I am praying that God points me in the right direction to serve where HE wants me to serve, not just where I want me to serve.
I signed up for a couple of small-groups.
I think I am going to take a class on "Love" that goes off of C.S. Lewis' books.  I also signed up to get to know some of the people in the "Living Water Surf Ministry."
I visited with some of the guys and this really nice girl, Grace, and they invited me to be a part of their little group ministry - I told them I don't surf but I would love to take pictures and video with my Bloggie & Holga camera and hang out with people who enjoy the ocean!  Plus, grow closer to God??
Sign me up! ;)


Three.
I am thinking about saving up some money to buy a monogramming machine.  Does anyone have their own and do their own monogramming? 
There are shops EVERYWHERE in Alabama that monograms everything under the sun - for cheap! But not so much in Orlando.  The Southern girl's love for monogramming everything we own isn't as prevalent in this part of the country - although there are enough steel magnolias and sorority girls around here to get some business if I learn how to do it well enough!

If you have one, help me out & tell me what machine is best and all that good stuff! Thanks :)


Four.
 I was making some munchies to take over to my friend Susan's tonight when I got attacked by the kitchen sink.  Of course I was wearing one of my really classy white wife-beaters and I was pretty much white t-shirt contestin' it for a second there.  I had dogs sliding in my mess, but I got everybody dried off...
I got a good laugh out of it (and of course I was by myself so I'm sitting in the kitchen floor laughing hysterically and Millie is cocking her head like why is my Mommie so weird?!?)

I had to change after the hose-down by the sink...
I'm just trying to make some Jalapeno Poppers :)


Five.
I'm so ready for SUMMER to get here!



via 
"I've never dropped anyone I believed in."
-Marilyn Monroe

peace and love.
baily.


10 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

HAHAHHAA You got attacked by the kitchen sink?! You is funny. I cant wait to see where God takes you in ministry! I would love to do the love class with you! I saw that one and it peaked my interest! I ended up not being able to go to bible study tonight...im still out of it because i took medicine that wasnt non-drowsy! Eek! Have fun tonight! <333

valncami said...

definitely ready for summer too! love your list! we just put up a new post on the vintage dresses! hope you will come have a look and let us know what you think <3

hope to hear from you soon!
xo, camilla & valerie
abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

Rissy said...

LOOOVE those Marilyn pics! she's so timelessly gorgeous, and yes summer needs to get here.

I hate sink spray! looks like you got it pretty bad lol

Mimi said...

awww, this is making me long for summer! haha. ;)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Dee Paulino said...

Marilyn is still the bomb, I love her pics and the quote.
Oh summer, please hurry!!!

Unknown said...

I attack my husband with the sprayer in the kitchen sometimes. I think it's hilarious and usually gets us running around the house and our puppy barking at us =)
I have used an embroidery machine to do monograms and such and I want one SO badly!! they are amazing!
I'm not so much looking forward to the summer -- it's just oppressively hot in Orlando =/ BUT then again at least it's not cold =)

krystal said...

Hey hey! I am your partner in the accessory swap, I wrote you an email!

Elizabeth said...

I am a new follower!!! :-) Happy to have found your blog!! Loving that song! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I'm your newest follower! Living Surf Ministry sounds like the coolest way to spread the Gospel! I'm definitely ready for summer now - especially since we just moved to the south!

L.A.S. said...

I have a monogramming sewing machine and I LOVE it! It's a Babylock Esante. You'll have to look up Babylock dealers in your town. They are quite pricy, but totally worth the investment. I make koozies for my Etsy shop and sold many of these to my sorority sisters in college.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/las1020