Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday Ramblings...

Today is a busy and productive day for me, as was yesterday.  Even though I'm not feeling my best right now - nothing major, just not feeling 100% - I've still managed to get a lot done.  Some of the things on my to-do list are little errands here and there, and then some are bigger - like looking for a part-time job, ordering my bedroom furniture, and figuring out some of these "life goals" that went sorta haywire on me.

I'm getting a lot done, but I couldn't do it without the help of this record du jour that has kept me occupied for hours (especially since it's a 4-vinyl set, which means 8 sides of music!)  I wasn't really a fan of John Mayer until I bought this amaaaazing record that has seen me through many highs and lows over the past year...

John Mayer Where the Light Is: Live In Los Angeles
it has a band set (2 vinyls) and an acoustic set (2 vinyls)
To say the least, I fell in love with his music when I bought this (not sure If I love him-him, but I love his music - there's a diff!)...
And, a cool/creepy thing is that the album cover has smoke stains from the fire... but it survived (thank God) and it's definitely carried me through.

As I got some stuff done around the house this morning, this is what brought a little extra joy to my day...

I just love these little girls!!!

Momma looked so cute before she went to work today.  She was rockin' her new Lucchese cowboy boots. Are we not the same or are we not the same?  See where I get it from now!?! ;)

I am in a better mood than I usually would be when I'm feeling achy & crampy, but I slept so good last night and I think this is probably why...
Nothing is better than nice, clean, fresh linens!!!
I even shaved my legs and put fancy lotion on them to get the
ultimate clean sheet experience...
I think it is something you learn to savor & relish in once you've lived
the college life for a few years.  Clean sheets = luxury!!!
But I've always been good about it - it's like a treat for myself (especially with the newly shaved legs and lotion) Haha, I'm so weird.

Hope everyone is having a TERRIFIC TUESDAY...
just remember...

peace and love
baily

15 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

LOVE the "Wild Hearts cant be broken"! And I LOVE you and your momma's cowboy boots! John Mayer and puppies are great company! :)

Venessa said...

Cute puppies! I am also a fan of fresh clean sheets/linens! They are the best! happy tuesday!!

jenny said...

Oh man, you're totally right. The clean sheet / shaved leg / lotion trifecta is unbeatable.

Rissy said...

I LOVE this post! and it goes so well with my post today that is also about mr. mayer

www.rissyblogs.blogspot.com

Beth said...

Baily,
not sure if you have any idea who I am, but your mom is a sweet friend of mine and she had Ayden (my son) in her preschool class. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that Citizens Bank in downtown is hiring part-time tellers. It might be worth looking into.

Beth Cobb

Julie said...

You are not weird at all about the clean sheets! I'm exactly the same way. I've tried to explain how it feels like I'm a porpoise all slick and smooth and the sheets are all silky like water. I mean, that's kinda weird.

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Not sure if I said hello yet, but I wanted to. I'm a new follower!
Yes John Mayer is amazing!
not weird at all. Clean sheets and shaved legs is a wonderful feeling!

Jessica Lynn said...

They're so sweet! I'm sorry to hear about your fire, that's so hard!!
Thanks for the awesome comment on my blog :)

Mimi said...

Great boots, and i feel the same about clean sheets:) Heaven!

Aesthetic Lounge

American Honey said...

Love the cowboy boots!

valncami said...

i love that clean sheets & shaved legs feeling too!! its the best. thank you so much for visiting our blog and leaving such a lovely comment - really made us smile :]

hope you'll come visit us again soon!
xo, camilla & valerie
abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I Love this post!! So cute, funny and real! :)

Love,
Katie

Happy Kathy said...

I totally looove the sensation of the clean sheets!!!And John Mayer too..xexe

Dee Paulino said...

Yay for stylish mothers!
I love John Mayer and sleeping in clean sheets.

Happy hump-day

Holli said...

Great post!! And your mom is pretty cool to rock boots like those..... FUN!