Friday, January 7, 2011

thursday's ramblings....

thursday catch-up day

hey friends!

I hope you enjoyed that awkward vlog I did.  But I'm a product of 1987 and so I've got to rock my status as a 'Millennial' - and I actually had a fun time doing it & I've only gotten positive feedback about it so far.  I guess it is safe to say - EXPECT MORE! haha
for this post, you can just check out my smudged eye liner by gettin' this awkward pic instead ;)
have I scared you away yet?

  I've been opening up my Bible and reading from Proverbs, Psalm, and Romans a lot lately.  I definitely have my handful of favorite chapters... but it is so comforting to know that the ENTIRE BOOK holds so much truth & comfort.  I like that I've been reading from Psalm lately because it makes me feel like SINGING and being full of joy!
EVERYTHING IN THIS BOOK MAKES ME SMILE

  Today Mom and I took a "field trip" to  Sam's - which I still get lost in and is NOT one of my favorite places (it's right up there with Wal-Mart for me!)...  But I got to buy myself some presents so I left as a 
HAPPY(ier) CAMPER. 
these will come in handy tomorrow on Momma & I's trek BACK to Bamaland!!! (yes... we are going AGAIN) & (yes... we just were there last week)
one of my very best friends is having a BABY and we are going
to her baby shower that a few friends and I planned for her!
(MORE ON THAT LATER... duh!)

I also bought this bad boy book at the discount book table at Sam's.  It was like an angel was looking out for me and placed it there for me to see.  I HATE going to the gym... but I LOVE working out.  Dad has been on to me since I have been living back at home about going to the gym.  "Big Butch" is a gym buff but I've still got that little cross-country runner spirit in me and would rather do something outside... or by the looks of this book - it says it can be done anywhere, just not the gym.  Hey, hey - how 'bout it!

 and don't forget the keywords: FOR FREE
 ☮ We also browsed a little thrift store that benefits Habitat For Humanity and I found a nifty book, Seabird... it has a pretty turquoise/teal color (my obsession) that caught my eye, but the book is actually a pretty cool little VINTAGE find, I must say... and those are always fun!

I love that the copywright date is 1948!
I'm a book-worm, whether it be children's books or novels... and my FAVORITE PART of every single book is the author's dedication.
NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF WRITER YOU ARE, THERE IS A STORY AND AN INSPIRATION BEHIND EVERY SINGLE THING EVER WRITTEN.
I firmly believe that.
 the illustrations are awesome
and it'll stay right here until
I start and finish my room redecorating and I can find a more permanent place for it. Or, maybe it'll just stay where it is!
Anywho, I really like it! :)
Seabird 
written and illustrated by
Holling Clancy Holling

  I think it is hilarious that I have seen more of "these" God-awful stickers showing up around town.  Can you say band-waggoners?  I absolutely can NOT stand that Auburn is in the National Championship game this year... I'm sorry - I definitely developed a deep hatred by being a BAMA GIRL and part of that storied Iron Bowl rivalry.  Ugh.  I bet right underneath that sticker was a Gator one from whenever they were on top.  THAT'S ONE THING ABOUT ME: I'm faithful to the Crimson Tide and I will ALWAYS be a Tar Heel

 ☮ I love how I requested Hot Tamales to be in one of the candy/snack jars at our house -
and look - what a typical "Southern Mom" 
Such a precious and fitting little touch!
and, umm, sooo yummy too!
the little somethings like this just make my day

 ☮ Oh yeah, while I was OUT and ABOUT today running errands, shopping, playing frisbee with Mildred-Jean, doing my quiet time/devotion outside on my peaceful lanai/porch, and picking up Daddy at the the airport, I was rockin' these new greenie sneakers - they are the same ones that I showed you yesterday.  The ones I got from URBANOUTFITTERS. I must say, I love them as much on feet as I did hanging on the rack.  I mean, I'm not calling myself Rachel Zoe or anything but I am one to invent my own style and love it... and I DO very much love my tic-tac colored tennis shoes!! ;) No offense to all my fashion-lovin' sistas out there (who probably think they are heinous... I know y'all are out there sexifying it up and raising some beauty standards - for sure, but it's my crazy shit that I really prefer to wear and what is comfortable to me, and what is me/my kind of different,
and, most importantly,
what I can afford. $$$$
Can I get an Amen from
you bargain-huntin' divas like me?  

Well there was some random ramblings from me for Thursday.  I'm excited about all my new followers! I'll try my best to blog it up, as much as possible, from my weekend in The Heart of Dixie but I can't promise anything because it is going to be a fun weekend full of reunions with my BEST FRIENDS, a baby shower and that's just a new experience for this group of friends (so I'll be sure to take lots of pics!), and it'll definitely be a time of growing up into women and realizing we really are no longer the party-hardy college gals.  This should be exciting for us all and, of course, it will be something I will ALWAYS remember! I can't wait to see these girls!!!
(And my Sissy again! 2 weekends in a row!)

I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC weekend!
what do YOU had planned??? 

 peace and love
baily jones









9 comments:

. said...

I just got a huge pack of Sharpies too! Love them

Come by and enter my giveaway for a 5-pack of Softlips lip balm if you like:
just click here

Amy said...

My favorite highlights of this post:
1. YOU!
2. How devoted you are to your faith. I love it. It makes me smile. Thank you for the reminder that through God and prayer, I can get through everything and anything.
3. I love those shoes! And your fun shopping trip and those sharpies. Love love love!
Thank you so much for the encouraging comment. It truly made my heart smile. Sometimes it's just so scary and no matter how many times people tell me that I'll be fine, it doesn't help. But when a stranger can read my post and tell me that I'm doing a great job, it says a lot.
You are such a sweet girl! I'm so happy to follow your blog.
Love to you friend!

Lived With Love said...

thanks for following my blog :)

Michelle (michabella) said...

This post made me smile :) Love that pack of Sharpies!!! I can't express my love for fine-tip colored ones! I possibly may be a lil jealous! I am totally loving that Seaside book! Teal is a fav color of mine too and it looks SO cute on that shelf with the flowers. Your mom is too cute. I love me some Tamales candy! Have fun this weekend with your best friends!!! We seriously need to get together when you get back! <333

Dee Paulino said...

I give you an amen for the sneakers and the video you posted on your last post (clapping!!!)... Have fun at the babyshower :)

Ps: I have given you the stylish blog award. stop by my blog for more details. I would love to read your 7 facts.

Amy Nielson said...

what is it about a new pack of markers that can just make your day?? i am totally the same way :)

jenny said...

SHARPIES <3
You'll have to let us know if you find any great exercises in this book :)

Amy said...

Hi friend! I'm back! Just dropping by to let you know I tagged you in a post on my blog ;)

BJJ said...

Amy.. thanks for tagging me.. I'll be sure to check it out! :)

Ana.. thanks for the blog award.. I'm working on my list.. I was traveling today!

LOVE YOU ALL! And I'm LOVING my markers - duh!
-bjj