Monday, January 10, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
(link  up here)

 

UNO.

 I missed Millie so much this weekend.  I don’t like being away from her because I’m so used to her traveling with me most of the time.  My friends joke about what gypsies she and I are.
She stayed at home with “Big Butch” while “Granna” and I went to Alabama.  This is what she usually looks like 95% of the time I'm in my car... (I take her EVERYWHERE!!)

 
Sassy-Pants usually rides like this. Duh... isn't that what besties do?

DOS.
I’m the newest obsessor of this Low-Carb (or so they say) entrée at Cracker Barrel.  I couldn’t stomach fast-food while Mom and I were traveling last night, so we stopped there for a good Sunday dinner.
I had:
Grilled Roast Beef with sautéed mushrooms & onions.
Hasbrown casserole.
Green beans.
Fried apples.
YUMMMMMMMMM!!!!

 It was such a better dinner than a 'value meal'.... the thought of a drive-thru made me nauseus.
 I fell in love with this birdhouse at "the old country store" after dinner - but, I didn't buy it.
 I think I might DIY it before Spring comes!
When we made it to Tallahassee we rested well for the night.
Add it to my list of many nights at the Fairfield. (I lived in the T-town one after the fire.)
Then, this morning we got up SO early &  trucked it into O-town. 
My Monday started so long ago it seems!!!
 We ran into one of the best displays of Florida's loud & proud tacky tourism! This picture doesn't even begin to do this place justice.  Even Momma and I had to stop for a second to browse & take it all in... and that doesn't happen with the woman who somehow goes through life at a mile a minute without ever seeming to slow down.  I think I was on her nerves but road-trips with Mom are kind ofintimidating... she goes into "Sgt." Momma-mode when she's behind the wheel.  But seeing this spectacle made us both roll our eyes and laugh but at the same time I know that we totally dig our "adopted" home-state. (NC natives; FL transplants). 
 
 Even this b!ga$$ place didn't have ANYTHING with a Baily/Bailey on it.  I used to HATE when people misspelt my name when I was younger but I would DEFINITELY make an exception IF ONLY I could find one.  I usually settled for the middle name - Jordan.
We made it home safe & now I'm snug as a bug in a rug
with this sleepy-head.  The Eye-Boogie Queen!!! bleh.

TRES.
The Arizona shooting massacre this weekend really bothers me.  I just cannot understand why people refuse to value other people’s lives.  I’ll never understand why one troubled soul will go to extremes like this to trouble so many other people’s lives that are affected by this. 
It seems like every time this happens – Columbine, Virginia Tech, anything… our nation says we are going to unite,
come together as one, and end the violence. 
But when will we actually do it?
The world seriously scares me. 
But, things like this make me even more grateful to the God that gives me strength and safety and I pray that He heals these victims and their families.  I also hope that the Lord intervenes in the lives of other troubled souls who at-risk for creating another tragedy. 
They don’t call His grace amazing for nothing!

  QUATRO.

Speaking of quatro {4} …
I got that many NEW BOOKS this weekend!
I love wandering around bookstores with a Chai tea and just browsing… looking for nothing in particular.  That’s when the book chooses me – and this time, four books chose me!!! Yay.
Good Things by Mia King
Names My Sisters Call Me by Megan Crane
One Amazing Thing by Chitra Divakaruni
Going Away Shoes (short stories) by Jill McCorkle
I can’t wait to start reading them… I read like 2 or 3 books at one time, that’s why I never can just buy 1 book.  It’s just the ADHD in me!

Oh yeah, I bought another book of short stories at the DOLLAR STORE.  Cha-ching!!! $1 for Country Living’s
Barefoot Summers: Reflections on Home, Family, and Simple Pleasures

has anyone read any of these?!?

CINCO.

Auburn and Oregon are playing in the BCS Championship tonight.
I so badly wish that the Tide was back in that game again this year!
Most SEC football fans will cheer on the Aubbies tonight.  I, however, will not.  Absolutely not.  Never.  When I say Auburn & Alabama fans HATE each other – I’m not joking.  It would be nice for our conference to win a 5th consecutive national title and maybe shut up some of the people who try to argue the SEC’s football prestige, but when it comes to Auburn, Florida, and Tennessee, I refuse!!!
There will be those stupid “War Eagles” said, duck quacks noised, and the Bamafied “Roll Ducks Roll” shouted. 
All I’m saying is that tonight’s game will be a good one – as far as it being a well-rounded match-up between two elite teams.  But, I probably won’t be in a good mood because I feel like Auburn is going to put on a show.  Their SEC heritage will outdo Oregon, in my humble opinion.  I just hope that if the Tigers win & the NCAA allegations are finally completely out there, that they put an “S” in front of Cam Newton’s name when they go to mark the asterick beside the 2011 champions in the records book. ;)

Enjoy your Monday, enjoy the game, and have a good week!

Peace and Love
Roll Ducks Roll
BAILY

p.s. this is my facebook profile picture for the day...

millie says...roll tide!

phots @ google images

4 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

Ill def be rootin' for Oregon on this one! And I so wish Jax would ride like Millie does! Jax paces back and forth in the car and it gets me so uneasy!! And Cracker Barrel on roadtrips is THE BEST! :)

Dee Paulino said...

Your Sunday dinner meal looks so yummie and healthy. I haven't had any fast food in about 2 years and the thought of it makes me nauseous as well. Your Millie is super cute.

Happy Monday!!

Lindy said...

Books books books! They all look good. Hope you enjoy your Monday. I hopped over from Carissa's.

Venessa said...

Thanks for the sweet comment today! I live in AZ and I can not understand all that has happened here the last few days...it is crazy. I am a new follower:)