Saturday, January 8, 2011

five question friday

 
So I figured this could be fun...
It's always fun to join in on the blog games
 that start circulating around whenever the
weekend approaches. I love it!  This is a new one...
 

1. What is your current favorite book, and why?
Oh my gosh... I just finished reading the BEST book.  Seriously, it is full of so much hope and faith and it tells a story of light through such darkness and pain.  I think EVERYONE should read this book... it is the most touching story ever.  LIFE, IN SPITE OF ME by Kristen Anderson is an amazing story of GRACE. 


2. Do you go to the dentist regularly?
Wow... what a funny question for a girl like me! I've pretty much lived my life in a dentist/orthodontist/endodontist's chair.  Gum surgery, a dozen root canals, lip bumper, head-gear, spacer, expander, braces, retainer, bonding, veneers, porcelain crowns, dental nerve damage.... yeeeahhh I've been kicked out of dentist offices all across Orlando - no lie!  But if you went through what I went through... you'd pitch a couple hissy fits, too! 

But to answer the question... no. I shouldn't have to... if they don't do what needs to be done while they are poking and prodding at my plethora of cosmetic dentistry techniques... then that's too bad.  I'm in that dentist chair holding on for dear life enough... catch me while you can. (The THOUGHT of the dentist gives me the heeby jeebies!)

3. What is your worst memory from High School?
I guess it is a good thing that nothing comes to mind right away! I must have done it right, because I don't really have a worst.  OR, that goes to show just how much worse the pain got the older I got.  What's up with that??? I liked it better when we could fix it all with a band-aid and a popsicle...


4. What do you hope to be remembered for in your life?
If there is one thing I hope my legacy reflects, it is that I STAND UP FOR WHAT I BELIEVE IN - even when I am the only one standing.  That is something that my Dad once told me was one of the parts to being a Jones.  I will never forget him saying that, and he has always been an example of this lesson valuable lesson.


5. Are you superstitious or do you have any superstitions?
In high school when I was a little mega-jock, I had little quirky habits but I don't know if I would call them superstitions.  I think I liked the habit and routine of things - like certain pregame meals, a handshake with my co-captain, the sock liners I wore under my shin-guards, how many stride-outs I did at the start line - ya know "those things".... but I don't think I ever these things had control of any of my situations so it was more just fun and games.


okay, enough games.
I'll be sure to post throughout the weekend about my
girl-time with Elena and her BABY SHOWER and all sorts of
other random/Baily-ish things! 

peace and love
bai

play along by visiting this link

5 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

ALways learning new things about you! I spent many years in the Orthodontist's chair! And I might need to borrow that book! Sounds amazing! <333

Dee Paulino said...

where had you been Bailey? I think i've just found my new bff in you, you are so inspiring my dear. first of, that book sounds amazing. i will have to give it a try. and oh, i spent years at the orthodontist chair myself, i can relate with the hissy fists.

Unknown said...

You are so cute, Bailey boo! I am about to add your blog button to my faves page ;)

BJJ said...

Y'all will love the book... so easy to read and such an awesome story!
Thanks for the compliments... I couldn't sleep last night when I did this so there are some serious typos, I just reread it and will fix it later... I am so not the editor type haha :) Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

BJJ said...

Thanks, Lace! I need to work on a Favs Page! That's on my list of to-do's for a much needed blog makeover!