Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Best Friends Shower

I’m really excited about this weekend.  I am going to get some much needed “best friend therapy!”  We ALL need that every once in a while, right?!?
I am staying with Elena and Taylor in Birmingham.  Yes, I am back in Birmingham as we speak.  I was just here last week – and knowing me and my family, I’ll probably be back again for something soon!  Last night, Elena and I reminisced, laughed, and cried, and caught up on life – this crazy beautiful life.  Today, she is going to Child Birthing class with her husband, Taylor, and Mom and I are going shopping. I'm sure I'll catch back up with them later tonight before slumber party #2.  Tomorrow is Elena’s BABY SHOWER for the little girl that is on the way… and almost here! 
Baby Piper is due at the beginning of February!  So, I have got a very pregnant best friend that I haven’t seen in quite a while, so it felt so good to step back into what it was like when she and I lived together!  She and Taylor (who is awesome for and who my family has always adored) got married and they are going to make the cutest little family… I am very excited for them!  Taylor, Elena, and Piper.  You have no idea how much I’m going to spoil her!
At the shower, I’ll get to see some other friends that I haven’t seen in a long time.  E and I were roommates at the infamous 1008 Oak Ave house (the one that burned!) and we lived together from 2008-2010.  We saw each other through some rough times, but had one hell of a time living up the best days of our college years.  I miss living with her... but it is exciting to see our lives evolve and it has meant a lot having her in my life.  It’s still fun to tell all those unforgettable stories from “the crazy house that never sleeps” – as people liked to refer to our pre-fire-roasted college shack.  Ha, we told some of those good stories last night – hence the laughter and tears!!  So happy to be here!
Our other best friend, Jackie, is going to be at the shower, too.  Jackie moved to Wisconsin a few months ago and even though I miss the heck out of her – I wouldn’t dare move up to that seriously cold weather!  I will have to convince her to come thaw out in Florida with me!
This truly is a special weekend in the lives of our friends.  The girl we shared that cozy college living space with, our “hot Asian friend” as the guys liked to call her, is having a baby.  She’s becoming a mother.  One of my best friends, who I’ve shared many tears, bottles of wine, and sleepless nights with is going to welcome a precious child of God into the world who will share with her many happy tears, bottles of milk, and sleepless nights.  The ones of us, like Jackie and I, will be able to watch her and her baby girl and learn from them.  I can learn about how to be a good Mommy right alongside Elena when I am able to visit her and Taylor and Piper.  I can teach her the things that I learned in my Child Development and Early Education studies, and I can be a prayer warrior for her beautiful family. I can help, and I am always here to do so - I hope she ALWAYS knows that.
I am so excited about this new venture in my friends’ lives!
I have a feeling Piper is going to be one VERY spoiled little girl.  I will post pictures and maybe a Bloggie video of all the pretty pink things that she gets showered with on Sunday! 
Please keep Elena, Taylor, and Baby Piper in your prayers!
Their ‘little one’ will be here soon and “Aunt Baily” can’t wait!!!

peace and love
baily


Next time we have a wild weekend at the lake...
we'll have precious Piper!
xoxo


No comments: