Thursday, January 13, 2011

Random Ramblings/Thursday Thoughts


I set up the Crosley in my new room today before "cleaning day" started.  There's no doubt that this made dusting, vacuuming, and folding laundry wayyyy more fun than it actually was.


I got to open up a belated Christmas present (to myself) today.  It was bought for someone else, buuuttt it looks like I get to play with it by myself instead! ;)
- SO PUMPED -
I have been inspired by HOLGA photography for quite some time, I'm already taking a liking to making this my new little hobby!

I forgot to add these 2 photos to my post yesterday.  I took these at the Daytona Beach Boardwalk and Pier.  This ferris wheel is SO nostalgic to me - it stills echoes, loudly, of the summer I fell in love for the first time.  We were wild and free, two small-town kids who made Daytona Beach our playground.  This ferris wheel makes so personal for me all the things of high school sweethearts and summer romances.  I'm glad we visited there yesterday... just stepping near the boardwalk and seeing the place where I spent so many sun-kissed nights dangling my legs over the water and counting the stars with my first love.  It made me grateful to have experienced something so sweet - like it was straight from a novel that one brings with them on their beach vacation.  Summer love. First love. 
Oh, the magic of them both.


After I cleaned and jammed to vinyl records all day (mainly The Beatles and The Marshall Tucker Band) I went on a bike ride. 
Oh, and I need to put my foot in my mouth because I bragged about the warm weather too much.  It was cold.  Frosty cold today. 
...so my bike ride was rather short.


It's time to snuggle up on the couch with a hot cup of coffee and watch the Tar Heel basketball game!!!

Hope everyone's Thursday was awesome!

9 comments:

Miss Southern Prep said...

Those pictures of the ferris wheel are absolutely gorgeous!

lul said...

The Holga camera is awesome! Really wanna try one. Happy Thursday girl!

American Honey said...

Your blog is so cute! I love your pictures! Where did you get your adorable cowgirl boots?!! They are way cute!!

Unknown said...

GREAT pics, and love that camera:-)

Unknown said...

Those pictures are to die for! Where'd you get it???

Dee Paulino said...

Great photos. I have been wanting to do photography for ever, but I need a good camera duh!! I will have to try a Holga.

Michelle (michabella) said...

Those pics are GREAT!!! Wow@! And yay for the Holga! Glad it became your present :)

amber lynn said...

great photos!! and you will love the holga, we have one and it is always fun to see how the photos turn out :)

Amber said...

I love your boxer!! We have a boy boxer and he is so precious.
:]