Monday, January 3, 2011

MM

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Happy New Year, folks!!!
I think since it's the first Monday of the New Year
and I am not so much in "weekend mode", it feels
a lot more like a the new beginning dealio is underway.

Except, to be honest, when my life sort of took it's whirlwind the past few months, I was given some big opportunities for that "brand new" attitude.  But now that it's finnally and officially the new year and all, I have like everyone else in the world in 'resolution mode' with me so it feels like a damn good time to start afresh. 
So here's to that...
I mean, I'm not really one to jump on bandwaggons or anything
 but a new year, a new calendar, and a new attitude?
Why not?


I've done some major praying lately and it's helped me make
some bold moves and some bold decisions.  But the boldness came out of postive and not self-destructiveness. 
I have made a lot of poor decisions, probably more bad than
good ones, and so it felt great to start this new year
off with the intention to make better, wiser, more Godly
decisions.  I guess, in a nut-shell, it is back to
what  would  Jesus  do?
Maybe I should add one of those
WWJD braceletes
 to my sleeve of hippie leather and braids.

Here's to Miscellany Monday! ...the first one of 2011!!


one. The Capital One Bowl was an absolute blast!  It was so much fun having Sissy and Tyler in town.  We tailgated and ended up running into some friends from high school, Josh, Will, and Ashley and it was fun seeing them.  We went with a few families from around here that are big BAMA fans like us, so it was a lot of fun... and we put a BUTT-WHOOPIN on Michigan State.  49-7. 
Can I get a Rolllll Tide!?! 
(Can you tell how much I love my Alabama Football...??
All I have to stay is get ready for basketball season!)

two. I'm watching the season premiere of the The Bachelor right now with Momma.  This is probably one of my favorite parts of living back home - our movie/T.V. show nights on the couch.  

three. I've been having an awesome time seeing some old friends, now that I am living back in Orlando from being at school in Alabama.  I never have thought bad about this place, I just wasn't always sure it was where I would want to come back to - a lot has changed and it's very different than it was when I left it - 5 and 1/2 years ago...  But, at the same time, the good things have remained the same.  Friends that are all-out groovy, a Momma who has become my best friend, and the 75-degree weather in Dec./Jan.  After all, home is home. 
I'm diggin' it, for sure!
I went to my friend Bradley's today and enjoyed the view of one of my very favorite places in the world: Long Lake.
It's sort of extremely special to my group of friends.  That little 'party cove!'
no, but seriously - the weather is absolutely rockin' and rollin' in O-town these days...
 
four. I was so excited the other day to spot the infamous "Oviedo Chickens" in their adopted habitat of the little downtown cross-roads of my small, oh so charming Florida town.  See?  I love my town!  Especially when I get to see
 the town mascot!
learn more about the Oviedo Chickens here!

five. I've met so many awesome blog friends here lately and I am just as PUMPED UP about meeting more!  Leave me some links of your favorite blogs that you like to follow & that you think I'd like!  I look forward to getting to know some of my new follwers and then go on meeting even more!  I have to admit, throughout some of these hard times/transition/strange phases of my life that I am going through - this blog & the blogs of those I have fallen in love with have been sooooo therapeautic for me.
So, thanks for the inspiration y'all!

Don't forget to leave me some good blogs to follow.
I'm in the process of making some pages, and adding some buttons to my fav. blogs on here! 
And the "new year/new me" type attitude I have is
V E R Y   M U C H
in favor of meeting even more awesome bloggers
in this groovy little blogworld. 

peace and love
baily j jones



love you, bebito :)

6 comments:

Jesslyn Amber said...

The Capitol One bowl was amazing on TV! I can't imagine being there in person! I've been a Bama fan for as long as I can remember, but I've never made it to a game. Maybe 2011 will be my year! :)

And... I hate cold weater! I'm jealous of your 70 degree winter!

MONICA SORS said...

Hi! Happy 2011 from Spain!
Kisses,
Mónica.

Michelle (michabella) said...

Your so groovy! :) I am totally loving this weather too!!! I kinda want it to stay!!! Good ol Oviedo chickens...haha. Cracks me up. I ALWAYS see them over by Popeyes and The Townhouse. <333

laurennicolelove.com said...

baily! thank you so, so much for your comment. i'm sorry it took me so long to respond. i am SO sorry to hear about everything you lost. :( it's so hard, i know. i'll be praying for you. stay in touch, seriously. i was born in florida and lived in alabama for awhile too, by the way. haha. long lost sisters? ;)

Laura Marie said...

Cute post! (I love The Bachelor, I can't help it.) Hope you're having a good start to your week! :)

xo laura marie

Suze said...

Heyy! I'm a new follower of your blog from c-mae's blog! I watched your Vlog and its encouraged me to do one too!!! That is so neat your bf lives in SC where i live! I cant wait to talk to you more :)