Monday, January 31, 2011

friends bring laughter

Yesterday was a ‘Sunday Funday’ for sure.  I hung out with the world’s greatest friends at Cassandra and Mike’s 24th Birthday gathering… they’re my fraternal twin friends.  It was a GORGEOUS day in Orlando so we had a great time hanging out in Baldwin Park.

Susan and I

Ashley, Jillian, Cassandra, Baily, Beth, Posi, Susan

Baily, Posi, Beth

Baily & Cassandra (the birthday girl!)

Ashley, Baily, Jillian
      
It was such a fun day... I had a really good time.  I was in a giggly mood, for sure.  It's hard not to be around some of my friends.  This friend right here is just plain hilarious (always has been, always will be...)  I mean, look at her Harry Potter 'Snuggie' and suitcase(??)... Only Beth...

After we hung out at the pool and at Cass/Posi/Beth's place in Baldwin Park, Beth and I went and hung out with some of our favorite guy friends.  Here's a pic of me and one of my best guy buddies, David...

I missed these friends so much when I was in Alabama - it feels SO GOOD to be home with them.  I know that I am cared about and supported here, and it was the best decision of my life to come home and get my bearings again in the place that will always call me one of their own.  I realized yesterday how truly blessed I am to have these friends!
My cheeks and abs seriously hurt from laughing so much yesterday... and for that, I'm not complaining!!! It was an excellent start to my new week and ending to my weekend.  Thanks, friends!!! And Happy Birthday, Cassandra & Mike - much love!!!

Speaking of BIRTHDAYS! Guess who was born yesterday???

PIPER NOELLE NEUMANN
7 lbs 7 oz

Oh my goodness... she is so beautiful.
Elena said she's healthy, happy, and gorgeous! I can't wait to get back up to Birmingham to hold little Piper.  I am looking at flights and making an itinerary ASAP!

peace and love
BAILY

...I live to love and laugh a lot, and that's all I need.
-kenny chesney

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love Sunday Fun-days! :-) Great photos!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Looks like yesterday was SO fun!!! And I used to party with Cassandra, Bethany, and Ashley!!! :) And sweet baby Piper is ADORABLE!!! <3

Liesl said...

Looks like a truly fun time! Also, passed the 7 Facts Award onto you because I love your blog and would love to learn more! :)

Liesl :)

Rissy said...

haha that is the best snuggie I have ever seen!

Better you than me with a beer yesterday... the thought of alcohol made me want to yack. Stupid saturday night lol

ali v. said...

oh my heavens. what a PERFECT sounding Sunday. Laughing with friends is really the secret to happiness...so glad you got a good dose of it yesterday!

Piper is perfect--can't wait to see more pictures once you make your visit! enjoy your Monday, my dear! xoxo {av}

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, Piper is just adorable! She looks like a little doll! I love that name, too!

Looks like you had a great weekend! Your camera takes such good pictures! I love the color in them!

Unknown said...

it really was gorgeous this weekend!!
I LOVE the HP snuggie -- looks like you had a great weekend =)

Dee Paulino said...

Congratulations to Elena, she finally got to meet the baby. How exciting!!

Happy Monday my friend, xo :)