Tuesday, January 4, 2011

travel me, 2011 (travel tuesday)

I know that I do not have the ability - financially or timing in life wise - to go out and TRAVEL THE WORLD right now, but I can still DREAM, stay inspired, and well - do as much as I can to make it happen sometime soon! 

I am capable of making A LOT of things happen if I put my mind to it, I know the drill.  I can do things like planning ahead, working toward that thing I want, and saving up the time, money (so hard for me), and energy in order to do those things.
Like TRAVEL.  Maybe not the world just yet, but TRAVEL.  Experience.  Learn.  Grow.
There are so many places that I dream of going someday.  With dreams of all over the world, I stay grounded by remembering how very very fortunate I am to have already seen many so many amazing and wonderful places.

The love of traveling is part of who I am:
I'm explorative, adventurous, and such an eager gal - always wanting to do new things and see things that I have never seen before. I have a special love for meeting all sorts of people that represent the worlds that I do not know, but crave so much to learn about.

I crave the hands-on journey to learning new things and experiencing other cultures.  And I'm lucky to live in a country that allows me to do that basically in my backyard.  But it also gives me the freedom to go out and learn about the other countries and governments and histories, and that's something that women in MANY other countries can not say...   Sometimes, I may take it for granted that I am not restricted of broadening my horizon or expanding my knowledge and zest for life. 

I am aware now that there is so much to go out and see that shows God's creation in different ways.  And no, I may not have the capabilities to financially go off and travel the world (JUST YET)... but I DO have a new year at my fingertips with SO MANY new opportunities ahead of me.  One thing I want and hope 
2011 
brings to me is many chances to travel.
See loved ones I haven't seen in a while.
Eat foods I've never eaten.
Read magazines on long plane rides.
Take the train if I have to.
Visit people who are in need.
Explore cities and countrysides.
Live life to the fullest. 



I so want to go back to SAN FRANCISCO and experience the Mission District, browse through local record stores, eat sourdough bread, and have a photo shoot by the Golden
Gate Bridge.  'The City' has always had my heart.

I've always wanted to see Alaska.  And now that I am watching 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' on TLC, I am drawn to this adventure even more!
Alaska has to be one of the most beautiful places God ever created.  It seems like you'd just want to stand there in awe and sing "How Great, Thou Art" at the view around you.

So many people can not believe that I have never visited 'the Outerbanks.'  I was born in North Carolina and I am very much a proud Tar Heel!  But, I'm a mountain baby - born in Asheville... I didn't become a little beach chick until I moved to Florida in 1992.  I've been to Wilmington, NC but never to see Cape Hatteras.  I think this one needs to be crossed off the Bucket List soon!  

I could go back to Los Angeles and see my best friend, Justine.  She's got a bachelorette pad in Santa Monica and she and I could make one super fabulous vacay out of me going back out to the West Coast.  I went last year to Pasadena for the championship and I got to hang with Justine in LA.  We saw Reggie Bush, Kim Kardashian, and Brody Jenner and dinner before we went to a club and partied it up beside Kristen Cavallari at her birthday party.  I was super pumped about getting my "celeb fix" while out in LA. 

I could go to London and visit my pretty cousin, Amy, and her beautiful (recently bigger) family.  She just had a baby girl named Camille.  She is going to be spoiled rotten by her two big brothers, Harrison and Hayes, and all the family back in 'the States' that love those little babies across the pond.
I need to get over there soon... I've never been to Europe!  It's on the Bucket List, too!

I could load up my handsome guy, his surfboard, my teeny waheenie bikinis, and head to Hawaii to watch him ride the waves, hike tropical terrain,and drink out of coconuts beneath beautiful sunsets.
Oh geez...
did I just dream out loud?
But seriously, a wonderful family friend offered for us to use her family condo if we got a chance to get down to the Pacific Islands.  I think we should take this offer super duper seriously and get me in a sexy little bikini with a coconut drink in my hand, pronto!  Hawaii, here we come!

what is YOUR favorite vacation destination?  tell me!

peace and love
 baily

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl! thanks for stopping by my blog! I usually love travel, but since we recently moved to Chicago, i feel like the traveling bug has left me for a bit! I would love to travel back to San Fran but with my hubby this around! I would also love a litltle international travel!

lul said...

I LOVE travelling, I used to travel a lot when I was younger because I lived in Africa and plane tickets were cheaper at that time I suppose. I really enjoyed reading this post, I don't even know where to start! Hmmm okay first I really want to see that show with Sarah Palin haha looks hilarious, that woman is quite the character! And girl you've got to visit the Outerbanks. I won't give the "Oh my gosh you've NEVER been there?!" speech because I don't find it that surprising that some people haven't visited the Outerbanks, but really, you should go! It's very very nice. Last but not least, you HAVE to go to Europe when you get the chance. I'm European (Portugal) and honestly that's what I call home. I live in D.C and gosh do I miss it! I go to Portugal every summer to see my friends and family and it gets harder leaving every year. So yes, explore! Europe is fantastic, you'll love it I promise you that.
kiss
Lula

ps: umm I forgot to mention that I also LOVE your blog, you seem like a very interesting person!

Dee Paulino said...

What an awesome list!!! I made it a goal to travel as much as I can this year as well. I purchased an airplane ticket to visit the Caribbean on May. My list also includes italy, greece, california and florida.

valncami said...

thank you for your lovely comment on our blog! i would love to pack up all my things and head to paris, france. or new york city. love your blog too. we'll b back to visit again for sure :]

xo, camilla & valerie
abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

Cole Franke said...

My favorite is Kauai! definitely. Would love to go to Alaska. pretty much every place you listed here would work. :)