Sunday, January 9, 2011

crazy-obsesssed over this! emphasis on the 'crazy'....

Oh my gosh... I just came across the cutest, most vintagely awesome, dog-loving, artsy creation in the world.  I saw this maybe :45 seconds ago, and I am already in, like, MAJOR obsessive love with it.

Does anyone read RUN WITH SCISSORS??? I mean, over a thousand people FOLLOW her so I'm thinking that was a pretty stupid question for me to ask - but anywho...


If you want to get on board the creatively inspired train, then you oughta go visit her crafty and nifty blog and join the bajillion other followers who are probably 'OOHing' and 'AAHing' over this before&after post. But let me prepare you before you visit her blog - be prepared to be incredibly JEALOUS of how great she is.

Check out this particular project of grooviness... read the entire post here!

Her family's new Saturday tradition is to go
antique mall shopping together.  (How groovy, right?)
Well, she hit the jackpot with this
vintage suitcase for $2.  
Look at what Janel {a super creative gal}
came up with turning it into... this is so cool...

images and creation found at iheartrunwithscissors.com

I'm telling you, this girl is the bomb at making some pretty nifty stuff! 
As she puts it - she is an art teacher by day; Blogger by night - but she's a journaler, inspirationalist, and an awesome crafter on top of all that!!! And you know what else??
She instantly became one of my
favorite artsy people
when I browsed across her blog this summer &  learned about her journey toward adoption.
How blessed are the people with those
special hearts of gold... I am a girl with sincere and admiring respect for such wonderful, self-less people.   

Anyway, THE HUNT IS ON for a vintage suitcase
to make Millie even the MORE coolest dog
on the block.  Her frisbee technique already
won her that award!!!

Speaking of awards, 2 new blog friends, gave me the Stylish Blogger Award that is floating around out there. 
IT MADE ME SLIGHTY INCREDIBLY STOKED!
I'll tell you more about that next time.  
But thanks, girls! You rock! 
I will post the 7 Things About Myself asap!

peace and love
baily 

p.s. Raise your hand if you think this smudger-face needs a cool, retro doggie bed? After all, she is a little gypsy/road-tripping/vagabond like her Momma. Her birthday is April 28... maybe I can have this project done by then... but dont hold your breath.
omg just posting this photo of her
made me miss her LIKE CRAZY even more


7 comments:

Jesslyn Amber said...

Can I give you a hug?
That's literally the coolest thing I've EVER seen! I have 3 suitcases already. I'm thinking pet bed makeover asap.

And of course Millie needs a new bed! Every girl needs vintage fabulosity in their life. :)

P.S. My birthday is April 27th, one day before Millie's! :)

Amy Nielson said...

what a super cute idea! now i just have to find the right suitcase. and get a dog... lol.

janel. said...

Ok so you are officially one of my new favorite people too!!! thank you so much for the amazing post :) i love you!!
xo
janel

Dee Paulino said...

She's so creative, i love it!

Shawntae @ alittlekingandi said...

wow that is really soo cute! Have you seen White Oleanders? i think the girl in that movie does something like that. Cute little puppy dog too!! :)

A Wedding Story said...

That is the cutest project I have ever seen! I've never seen the blog before but I can't wait to read it!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Janel is AWESOME!!! She is one of the first blogs I started following!! Glad you found her :)