Friday, December 31, 2010

Last Weekly Recap of the Year!



in one word or phrase
a soul-searching year.

i’m dreaming of you
a more peaceful year ahead.

song on repeat
my 10 most played songs
  1. climb to safety - widespread panic
  2. let it be - the beatles
  3. let yourself go - tom petty & the heartbreakers
  4. freebird - lynyrd skynyrd
  5. wildflowers - tom petty & the heartbreakers
  6. bobby mcgee - janis joplin
  7. bouncing round the room - phish
  8. into the mystic - van morrison
  9. beat of burden - the rolling stones
  10. colder weather - zac brown band
gotta write it down
my personal motto:
and

"develop interest in life as you see it;
in people, things, literature, music -
the world is so rich,
simply throbbing with rich treasures,
beautiful souls, and interesting people."
-henry miller

"the bad things in life open your eyes
to the good things you weren't
paying attention to before."
-good will hunting

"after you have wept and grived
for your physical losses,
cherish the functions and
the life you have left."
-morrie schwartz

lesson learned
part of growing up and one of the brutal parts of being a twenty-something year old is that SO MUCH changes, but change brings new opportunities so it is up to us to roll with the punches and make lemonade out of lemons.  change, is an instrument for me to go on creating myself and making myself into the person i want to be.  i've learned that attitude is everything.

picture to frame


highlights of the year
being at the rose bowl for the bcs national championship & celebrating my school's victory! getting through the hardest year of my life. meeting clay crutchfield. the month of november. being there when my best friend married his soulmate. moving home.

weekend to do list
be thankful for getting through 2010 and be hopeful for lots of peace, love, and happiness in 2011. 

I wish these things for YOU, too!

Thanks for seeing me through the GOOD and the BAD this year.
Thanks for the inspiration, the compassion, & belief you all have had in me.  I am thankful for so many blossoming friendships!
I look forward to more precious memories next year!

peace and love
baily




4 comments:

justine. said...

i love this! it was a great recap!

Kaleena J. said...

sweet post! just found your blog and am very happy I did.

cheers to 2011!

Jenn W. said...

What a wonderful recap. Sounds like it was a good, but tough year. How neat to have gone to the Rose Bowl, we were hoping Boise State would have gone to a BCS game this year, but -- they didn't. Great songs on your playlist, I grew up listening to Tom Petty. :)

Blessings!

Chelsea said...

Great post! Love all your quotes!
Have a great weekend.