Thursday, December 16, 2010

Romans (my favorite!) 13:8

In my devotional today, I randomly opened up to Week 32//Friday on page 196.  Haha.  Because, I always do that.  I told my Mom the other day there was 'not a chance' that I would ever actually go IN ORDER when doing a year-long devotional.  I mean, to have my attention for a few minutes daily is a chore enough, to get me to do it in order and step-by-step.... not going to happen!!

WAAAYYYY too A.D.D.!  I think I have entertained my Mom quite a bit the past couple of weeks as she has witnessed how profound my attention defecit can be at times!  It's definitely been a strange time in my life, but I'm just a baby bird with broken wings and her Momma is getting baby bird better.  Gosh, me and my analogies - especially the bird/freebird thing.  Haha.  Anyway, I just got veered off course talking about attention defecit disorder... (ya think!?) 

Back to my devotional... I loved the scripture and if you know me and my 'saving grace' (hint: the book of Romans) then you know this one is a very favorite of mine! Romans 13:8

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.

I love this one right now in my life!  My parents are living examples of the most unconditionally loving people I may ever know.  I've lost some really close people to me here lately, in the past few months since everything began unraveling for me, but my family and best friends have remained warriors in their faith in me and without that belief they have in me and the hope I get from it, I wouldn't be able to fight my battles every single day. 

This verse just spoke to me in so many ways and made me realize what blessings I have around me and who take me in to make sure that I do what's best for me from here on out.  4

I love how God speaks to me every morning as I go about my quiet time with Him.  He has shown me so much in recent weeks and I continue to love the life He has given me because despite the turbulence it is blessed, indeed!!!



peace and love
baily

4 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

I love this. And I love your heart. You are so blessed indeed <333

amber and hilary said...

what a gorgeous blog! your header is SO cool! :)
amber xx

www.amberandhilary.blogspot.com

Chelsea said...

I'm the same way ... regarding the attention span :)

Very encouraging, thanks for posting!
Have a great weekend!

monster cakes said...

Beautiful passage. Are you a Christian? It's so nice to see other Christian bloggers out there! Have a blessed day! xo