Sunday, December 12, 2010

Church Shopping!!

This morning my parents and I visited First Baptist Orlando for the second weekend in a row.  We are in the process of looking for a new church home and we really love the Pastor, David Uth.  We keep finding ourselves reminding each other that each church is different - especially the music!!  Of course, I am the music-head of the family but we all know where our roots are no matter what genre we prefer nowadays.  Those roots are Southern Gospel and down home country.

So when the fancy, high-pitched voices start asingin' we have to start reminding! Haha.  Mom and Dad don't really like the fast-paced "rock 'n roll" services a.k.a. 'Contemporary Worship' and I don't really like the opera sounding stuff.  Our old church and the church we LOVE visiting with my sister and Tyler in Trussville have a perfect balance of the two - but we are finding that it is not always that way.

Nonetheless, the service was AWESOME.  It was titled 'When God Interrupts Your Life' and we learned about the Christmas story through the eyes of Joseph.  In real-world terms, when an angel tells your virgin fiance that she's carrying a baby who is God in the flesh, Joseph must have thought she was craaaazy.  I can only imagine that these days! Haha...

I really enjoyed the sermon, even though I was yawning and freezing the entire time.  I didn't get to finish my coffee this morning and Central Florida looked a lot like wintertime Alabama with the cold, grey, and rainy atmosphere that was provided this morning.  And apparently, the air conditioning in that place was set to the 4th of July, not Christmas.  SO COLD!

Tonight I am going to Status at Downtown Baptist Church with my good friend Savannah.  I just absolutely LOVE her and she has really reached out to me during my hard times.  It was definitely a 'God thing' to have run into her at the neighborhood grocery store last week.  I wasn't really in a high-spirited mood but running into her and being able to share my latest heartache with her was exactly what I needed.  And proving what a wonderful and Godly woman she is, she immediately text-messaged me and asked me to go with her to Status on Sunday nights.  I am so pumped - I definitely seek refuge in the Lord and the friends He has blessed me with.

I can't wait to share with you how much I enjoy Status!  This will be a great chance for some much-needed quality time with one of the best galfriends I've ever had!  (Thanks, Sav!)

Because of friends like her, and a family that wakes me up and goes with me to church, and a Lord that feeds me truth and wisdom - I can stand on my two feet with such a positive and healthy outlook on life.  And frankly, that's all I need!

peace and love
baily



Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times.



2 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

Love this. I moved back a year and a half ago now and have been searching for a church and to find a group of Christian friends. Let me tell you...that is SO HARD! I love Status...been there a few times. Summit Church is awesome too! So happy you had a lovely Sunday! <333

Christina said...

I've tried out First Baptist Orlando also. I like the pastor, but I'm not such a fan of the music. I grew up here and my childhood church turned into a place I didn't want to be going anymore. Good luck finding a good fit! It's hard!