Monday, December 27, 2010

MM

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

one. Christmas was great!!! I really missed Sissy but it was fun to just relax with Mom and Dad and open our presents pretty leisurely.  I am jealous of the big, crazy families that have little ones and old ones alike all gathered around a family Christmas tree but I know soon enough the Joneses will be just that way! :)  Mom and Dad made me save some presents to be opened when Ashley and Tyler (and Clay - I hope!) are here because they all will have a bunch of presents to open and I wouldn't if I tore through them all yesterday.  I love that my parents included Clay in our family Christmas... we all love him dearly :) 
I'm so pumped to see my Sissy, though - she is missed so much!

two. I'm definitely still in the 'mission trip' frame of mind and I can feel God's tug on my heart to use my helping hands and my open-mind, and my own personal tragedies to change and better the lives of people who are struggling.  I am praying reverently so that when I launch myself into a new "go get 'em" attitude, I will know the path that God has planned for me. 
I just know I want to help others!

three. I can't wait to use my new Christmas presents: a table-top art easel, a big Dooney & Bourke tote bag, my Bloggie camera, Blue Ray DVD player, Keen hiking sandals, $$, my gift cards, and my homemade ice cream maker!  I got lots of other goodies, too... clothes, CDs, DVDs, funky jewelry, and goodies for Millie.
It was a GREAT Christmas!

four. The tickets came today for the Kenny Chesney / Zac Brown Band / Uncle Kracker show at Raymond-James Stadium in Tampa.  It's in March and it's going to be SUCH A FUN WEEKEND with the family.  The Tampa Bay Bucaneers stadium (Raymond-James) is so cool.. it's like a big pirate ship!


five. I'm hoping to see my best friend Mandy this afternoon.  She was supposed to fly back to where she lives in NY but the blizzard prevented her from leaving just yet.  So hopefully we'll get some much-needed best friend time in.  She's my longest lasting friendship... we met when I moved to Florida from North Carolina at a very young age.  We played soccer together growing up and were two little trouble-makers together in high school.  We always have a blast... I love her!

six. I'm going to move my stuff from Alabama to Orlando tomorrow.  I was at the storage units today helping my dad make some hillbilly shelves...


six. Now Mom and I are about to bring a bunch of clothes to the HOPE Foundation in Oviedo.  Hope (Housing Outreach Prevention Education) is to prevent and reduce homelessness in Central Florida.  It's an awesome organization that one of my friends' (Miss Florida 2009) moms started up. 
If you live in the area, you should check it out.
If not, check out the website by clicking this link:


I hope everyone had a safe and Merry Christmas!  Many blessings for the New Year!

Millie and I on Christmas Day 2010

peace and love
baily

No comments: