Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Hebrews 13:8



Hopefully the Word of God is something that brightens your day - like it does me.
I have been spending so much time in reading the Bible here in recent months. 
The Lord has definitely been at work in my heart, even though the tribulations I find myself in may seem to
lead people to believe that I bear no fruit.  I do, though.  My life is fruitful with many blessings from God.

As Christmas swings into full force I can't help but be filled with celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.
Maybe my trials & tribulations are there to remind me just how enormous God's love for me is.  
God came to this world as human in the flesh and lived a life full of love and without sin.
Knowing that, along with His unselfish death on the cross, is a testimony to my faith in Him.
And my faith in Him is exactly what has carried me through past trial and tribulation and what I cling to at this very moment.  I can feel God at work in my life and all around me. 

That is why my fears about everything else in life are subsided when I hand them over to Him.
Hebrews 13:8 is one of the most comforting verses, in my opinion.
It tells me that Jesus is the one man that will stay the same and always love me. 
No heartache, no abandonment, no anxiety and worry, and no changing.
Sounds like the perfect guy - huh?!?

The same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
Full of FAITH, HOPE, and LOVE.

I am eager to tell you all about the work that the Lord is doing in my life.
I am very much clay, and He is very much the potter.

BUT FIRST...
Will you puh-lease leave your favorite Bible verse for me?
Pretty, pretty please???

peace AND love
baily jordan

To others the Spirit has given great faith or the power to heal the sick or the power to work mighty miracles. Some of us are prophets, and some of us recognize when God's Spirit is present.
- 1 Corinthians 12:9-10a


3 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

Oh I have SO many bible verses! So many for each trial I have been through. My all time favorite is Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of you heart." And I am always having to read and re-read this other fave: Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

So excited to see all that God has been doing in your life and heart! <333

Lindsey said...

Isaiah 40:31 :: but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Jennifer said...

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Proverbs 4:23