Wednesday, December 15, 2010

friends make life better


Yesterday was so much fun! 

I met up with some friends...
talked A LOT (so weird, right?!)...
 and shopped 'til Mom and I dropped! 

I woke up and had my 'quiet time' and read a certain Bible verse that keeps speaking to me
as I go through this transition time in my life.  It is an excellent reminder every time I get to feeling down a bit.... it comes from Mark 5:34...

Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.

I took a shower and went about my day, feeling so much more uplifted having read that.  I went to Coldwell Banker to meet up with my best friend, Justin, and say hello to his mom.  Justin and I then went across the street to Panera to visit and catch up on life.  We ran into some random friends and visited, then sat down to talk about all that has been going on in this crazy/beautiful life of mine.  After our visit, I couldn't help but realize how blessed I am for the wonderful friendships that I still have in this special town that I grew up in.

After I visited with Justin, I met up with my good friend Adam for lunch.  Adam has always treated me like a little sister and we have a very unique friendship.  He told me about the new girl he's seeing and I told him about the issues that surround me and my life right now, and we had a great lunch at Chili's - queso and Southwestern eggrolls.  Totally my favs!

After that I went to the outlet mall where Mom was working at the Ann Taylor store and we shopped for me some WARM clothes.  I think Dad and I are driving up to Tuscaloosa to box up a few more of my things this weekend, but it is SOOOO FREEZING in Central Florida right now.  Me no like it!  I got some great deals at Banana Republic, Express, and Forever 21.  Thank  goodness for that insurance check, because I have been able to replace a lot of things that were damaged in that fire.  I am well on my way to a great, rebuilded life!

Today I've got to take care of some chores around the house and then go have a fun day with a fellow freebird friend, Shore.  She's awesome! :)


I am so blessed with a great family and many, many wonderful friendships!

peace and love
baily

1 comment:

Michelle (michabella) said...

You are very blessed sweet friend! I needed to read that bible verse, so thanks for posting that! Also love that picture! <333