Friday, December 17, 2010

Happiness is Homemade

happiness is homemade

Since I am a pro at figuring out happiness through sadness, I have worked up the conclusion that 'happiness is homemade.'  We have to make happiness happen in our lives, because for some of us it doesn't just fall into our laps.  It seems like - for some of us - the worst kind of curveballs fall into our laps and the best parts of life are something we have to work at.  Like relationships, achievements, and self satisfaction.

And just like a quilt, or cupcakes, or apple pie - when it's homemade it's just  B E T T E R ! !

I woke up this morning, drank a cup of coffee, and regretted not getting out of bed sooner to go on a walk with my mom and a couple of her friends.  I brought up the idea to Momma to go on another walk with me and she agreed.  And since Dad isn't working today, he went too!  So Momma, Daddy, Millie, and I went on a 3 mile walk around our community.  I loved it!!

The Florida sunshine was BEAMING and beautiful, the weather has warmed to a comfortable degree in the 70s, and for that 45 minute walk, LIFE WAS PERFECT!!

We made that happen... that happiness was homemade!  I definitely could have just gone on a 3 mile walk with myself or just Millie and I but I wanted some quality time with my very special parents. 

SPEAKING OF HOMEMADE - Mom wants me to bake Christmas cookies for her.  I am the cook, my sister is the baker.  I am not excited about this challenge to live up to my sister's superb baking standards!  Soooo... we'll see how it goes!

What is your favorite holiday cookie? Share some recipes!! :)

And for all you Floridians, get out and enjoy the sun today!

peace and love
baily

No comments: