Sunday, May 16, 2010

livin' the dream

Every little Southern girl has her dreams in life. I have a lot. I want a lot. But third to a loving husband and healthy family, I want a happy home. I have a dream home. I don't just read gossip magazines and music columns, I read Southern Living and Better Homes & Gardens, too! My mom sacrificed a lot so that I could grow up in a happy home. She taught me that a loving husband, like my dad, is important. Our family cherished the health we were given. And we always had a place, a happy place, that was home. So much love was grown in that four bedroom, Floridian home.

I want horses. I believe firmly in the therapeutic cause of ponies and horses. I want to provide a place where children with disabilities can experience the boundless joy that comes from riding a horse and connecting with another one of God's beautiful creations. I want a front porch where I can sip sweet tea with my girlfriends and pose for family portraits. I want nature to surround me and remind me that there's more to life than concrete jungles and big city lights and motivate me to help protect our earth. I want a yard that sets the stage for barefoot children to dance around with their popsicle smiles in the summertime. I want fireflies and the smell of citronella candles. Worn in leather that binds the family Bible. A reading room with grandmother's quilts. White linen on a clothes line, and a red wine reminder to not sweat the small stuff. A garden and a hammock. A husband and a wife, freckle-faced kids, and the slow drawl of a family prayer before bedtime. A home, where all that love is hand-made and crafted to perfection.

Someone once told me, the best dreams are the ones that, more often than not, come true.

Peace&Love&DreamsInLife
Bai

No comments: