Tuesday, May 18, 2010

hgtv?

Well, here I am. All moved in. And guess what? I don't think I'm as neurotic as I (and some others) think I am!! Considering where I slept last night. But on the downside, I still get on those famous "high horses" of mine. Like when I posted a blog a couple of weeks ago and told you that I would NEVER, EVER, not in a million years would I, move back in to the same bedroom that I watched burn down.

Well, Millie's got a foot in her mouth for me. (Her 'Granna' sent her this because Millie used to bite at my toenails when she was a little itty bitty thing and my mom insisted that this [according to her] looks like my "ugly curvy feet." Gee, thanks! Sadly enough, the missing polish on the big toe does in fact look like mine right now. Who wants to go get pedis?)

At least I sounded convincing when I first went on my rage of refusal. It wasn't all that bad, though. New bed, new linens, new paint on the walls, and some new pretty tile on the floors that not only look better than the ancient, puppy-stained, grey, 'wanna-be berber' carpet but they remind me of being in my parent's clean and tiled Florida home. There's not too much decor, but I love my bohemian influence I threw in there. I dig the magenta, turquoise, mustard yellow, and lime green flare!

My wonderful and adorable boyfriend borrowed Tyler's truck and brought me some furniture. I'm going to paint my desk magenta with a creamy colored "crackle effect." I understand if you don't know the savvy Sherwin-Williams terms. I don't either. I was asked if I wanted a flat, satin, or glossy finish for my paint and I answered "flat." Then I was told I'd be getting satin. Sooooo, why'd ya even ask? Between he and Tyler, I have two very confident Sherwin-Williams managers in my life. Help me God, there is more to this life than high-quality paint, right? I had to add the high-quality part so that I don't get in trouble by tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum. I didn't make up those nicknames, let me get that clear, my Dad did and even though I love you both dearly, I must take Butch's side on this one.

I was going to paint the hand-me-down beside table, but then one of the Sherwin-Williams experts mentioned sandpaper and that idea went out the friggin' window. I don't like sandpaper. It somehow has the advantage over me when it comes to my phobia of the dentist. Call me crazy, but if  you would be too if you had to go through 23097 sets of front teeth and had to spend half your life in a dentist chair while they did whatever was done that felt oddly like taking sandpaper and going to town on my bonded, capped, and veneered pearly whites. Thank heavens for laughing gas (which made nothing about any of my dental experiences funny) and sometimes a tiny dose of Valium. So, sandpapering is a no-go! I still have my 14 different Wal-Mart lists thrown amongst the house, in true fire-refugee style, so I am adding a table cover to one of them and hope I remember it when I get inside the doomed place. I hate Wal-Mart. Still. Target girl 4 Life!

Thanks to everyone that has helped me get things rolling in my new, well newly renovated, dwelling. I have a lot to be thankful for and I will honor the Lord and praise Him for helping me through this hard time every night that I lay my head down to sleep on my very OWN bed! And maybe an afternoon nap here and there. What? Twenty-something year olds get tired, too.
Peace&Love
Bai

p.s. This is how Millie was playing with her toy while I was writing this.
What a weirdo.
Can you tell she blongs to me?
Not because she's weird, but because of those fantastic legs! ;)
Pardon the pictures. Resulting from the fire, I am camera-less. And I'm pretty sure my CrackBerry camera has a few smudges on the lense. More later? Possibly, maybe not. I'm busy ok.

No comments: