Friday, May 14, 2010

iNsPiRaTiOnaL quotes & quotations

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
-Alan Cohen

I found this quote on a blog that I follow. Even though it may be used for some sound inspiration regarding a relationship or love story, I found it more touching to me in regard to the new beginning I have been required to jump into since the fire. Now that I'm getting back into more of a routine, I am feeling the brutal beating of reality each time it hits me that all of my things are gone. The things that gave me security, sought comfort for me, and were part of my life for many many years.

Everyone has been so proud of me and have complimented the way I've handled the whole situation. Although, those close to me might not always agree. My parents, sister, Chace, and Elena have probably all seen me "lose my cool" in the past few days as it all began to sink in. I'm fortunate that I have such understanding people in my life, because they always make the situation better. I know I have been short-fused and I've let my temper get the best of me when the frustration and exhaustion get the best of me. They help me get back to the strong and courageous Baily and that's just another reason why I know I'm blessed to have them in my life throughout this time.

The part in the quote (and Lord knows I love my quotes!) that says "for in movement there is life" is particularly true for me. Most people know the story about Chace and I. We met at orientation the summer before freshmen year, he found me on the infamous facebook, we spent the entire summer with a perma-attached phone to our ears, had a fling freshmen year, remained friends throughout the years and he, figuratively speaking, was always the one who helped put band-aids on me when someone would hurt me, we were on again and off again, and now (FINALLY!) we are a true couple. An incredibly happy couple. I've found so much of myself by being with him. His friends take me in and I hang out with them even when he's not around. His family cares for me, and my family adores him too. So, when I think of "for in movement there is life" I can't help but think of him. There really is such a happier life once everything falls into place when it comes to loving someone and them loving you back. Sure, I had a disaster strike me at the most inconvenient time but at the same time I found the perfect opportunity to finally be with my best friend. I truly am so lucky. I got a text message from one of my best girlfriends not too long ago and what she said pretty much sums it up.... "Bai, jealous of you. As if he didn't treat you like a princess before but now y'all are finally together and he's so good to you. Not a lot of people get to be with their best friend." I couldn't agree more.

"In change there is power." How true is this? It's indescribable - the difference it would make if I was going through this time in my life without my faith. I had really started getting back on track with my walk with the Lord when the fire hit. Like I've said before, I would not have been able to have handled it so well without the comfort of God and without the wisdom I find in His word. When I got to go into my room the night of the fire to find my jewelry case and anything else that meant a lot to me and could be easily grabbed, I frantically searched for my Bible. Dad had given me the Bible when I asked the Lord for my salvation in 1999. I didn't find it that night, but I luckily found it the next day. However, it's damaged but I was blessed with my sister's Sunday school teacher's contributing a new study bible. This new beginning would be far more difficult without the scripture that I cling to for strength, that is for sure. Back to Chace... (I'm sorry - get used to it!) I've never been in a relationship that I can so freely talk about my faith, fears, dreams, and desires. Bonus points: He actually listens and doesn't just nod and smile like some of the idiots I've dated before. He and I have been trying out churches together because we feel like going to church together from the beginning of our relationship is something that is important if we want to have a solid foundation.  We've visited Shades Mountain Baptist Church and Church of the Highlands. I think we are going to my sister and Tyler's church on Sunday, First Baptist Church of Trussville. The "in change there is power" part of the quote is so true. I changed my ways and I was rewarded. I sought change in my lifestyle, relationships, and friendships, and it was powerful indeed. I was given strength, love, and a more consuming faith by making the needed changes in my life.

I haven't posted anything 'quote-related' lately and everyone knows I have a weird obsession with quotes. When I lost my journals in the fire, I lost all my "go to" quotes. I am slowly rebuilding my collection... but I thought it would be neat if people would send me their quotes.
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW
aNd TeLL mE wHaT yOu'Re fAvOriTe qUoTe iS! 
(movie quote, song lyric, famous quote, poem, speech, anything!)

yOu NeVeR kNoW wHo YoU cOuLd iNsPiRe.
wE aLL nEeD iNsPiRaTiOn... so post a comment below.
Why do my readers never comment? Sad face. 

PEACEANDLOVE
baily.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welp thats another reason why we're bestest for ever!! We LOVE our quotes but instead of writing them in a journal i have them in a document on my computer.... these are some of my favorites: (minus my all time favs from Forrest Gump, i know you know those by heart)


More than all else, keep watch over your heart, since here are the wellsprings of life.
Turn your back on the mouth that misleads, keep your distance from lips that deceive.
Let your eyes be fixed ahead, your gaze be straight before you.
Let the path you tread be level and all your ways be firm.-Proverbs 4:23


"In the end we only regret the chances we didn’t take, the relationships we were afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make."


"Knowing is better than wondering, waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failures, even the worst, beat the hell out of never trying." Meredith Grey


"If you wait to do everything until you're sure its right, you'll probably never do much of anything"-Win Borden



“To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.”


"There are no regrets in life, just lessons"-Jennifer Anniston


"We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it."-John Lennon


"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when their right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." — Marilyn Monroe



"maybe the past is an anchor holding us back...maybe you have to let go of who you are to become who you will be"-Sex &The City


"It's a funny thing about life. If you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it"-William Somerset Maugham


"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."


“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”-Maya Angelou


"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"- Winston Churchill

"Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do"- Benjamin Spock

"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results."

"Be yourself, don't take anyone's shit, and never let them take you alive!"- Gerard Way

"Once you've taken a few punches and realize you're not made of glass, you don't feel alive unless you're pushing yourself as far as you can go."- Green Street Hooligans


"The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be"

Anonymous said...

Ps I miss you! come to NY to visit! And I read your blog all the time, I'll start to comment so you don't have to put a little sad face up anymore lol love you, mean it <3

love your partner in crime,
Mandy

BJJ said...

A-Rod - thanks so much. I love that you sent me this!! I miss my quotes for sure.
Here are a few of my favorites:

"Don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got." -Janis Joplin

"I don't hold back, I'm no good then. I'd rather be good sometimes than holding back all the time." -Janis Joplin

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius. It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." -Marilyn Monroe

"I make mistakes, that's what I do. I speak without thinking, I act without knowing. I drink so much that I can barely walk. I'm a fantastic lover, though, and an amazing friend. God knows I mean well." -Carrie Bradshaw

Unknown said...

"I am finally the woman my mother always wanted me to be."

BJJ said...

Renee,
I hope that I can someday say that, as well. Even though my Dad, and mostly everyone else, says that I am a spitting image of my Mom's looks and personality, I think I have a few kinks to work out before I am comparable to that woman. I have some big shoes to fill! But, as you know, a true Southen woman still grows even when she's a Steel Magnolia! :)

"Southern girls are God's gift to the entire male population. There is absolutely no woman finer than one raised below the Mason-Dixon line. And once you go Southern, may the good Lord help you, you never go back." -Kenny Chesney