Friday, May 21, 2010

blue bonnets

Hair blowin' in the wind
Wonder what you pretend you are
When you run
Bandana on your head
Your face is turning red
You throw it down to the ground
When you are done

I'll think of you
When the blue bonnets bloom
When the blue bonnets bloom
I'll think of you

You always seem to make me laugh
When you ask, "what is that?"
A million times
And you know
Little things that you do
They are the things that get me through
When I'm up to my hips in snow

Another night, I'm working hard
Another night, another bar
A million miles outta touch
Say your prayers, say my name
Keep it fresh on your brain
And don't forget I love you this much.
-Cross Candadian Ragweed-
this has always been one of my favorite songs. before the fire, i had it on vinyl. it's funny how a song can take you back to a certain place in time. the acoustic is eerily nostalgic for me, and the lyrics have more substance than just words to a melody. to me, it makes me think of a certain time, a certain person, and a certain personal conflict that i was going through. i was faced with two options during this certain time. there were two people that each had pieces of my heart, a little place in the history of my life, and opportunities for second chances. i went to oz record store to clear my head, and came home with a cross canadian ragweed vinyl. i listened to this song. i just dropped the needle on some random track and told myself to listen to the words and see if it helps me in some way. yes, i'm weird like that and when my indecisive nature rules over any other means of making the right decisions, i turn to my music. painters paint, singers sing, and music lovers listen to the music they love. on this day, i bought the vinyl on happen-chance, and let it speak to me. i had never heard this song before that day, but i played it a lot. come to think of it, i think it was the record that was still on the turntable when the fire destroyed it. when i heard the words to this song i knew exactly what my life was doing and what my heart was feeling. i pictured the one person that would actually say these things about me. the person that likes the little things about me. and probably the only person that digs it when i wear my bandanas in my hair. i smiled when i heard the words, and to this day the song just soothes me. maybe we all should stop to listen a little closer to what our songs are actually saying to us. it helped me get my mind straight and it helped me follow my heart instead of making another decision i would eventually someday regret, big time. i should have known, someone once told me that
music is what feelings sound like.

peaceandloveeverlasting
baily

No comments: