Friday, May 7, 2010

graduation.. are we there yet?

So here I sit on my last day at the hotel. I was supposed to get out of here yesterday, but my stay was extended so that I wouldn't have to "move" before finals were over. My last final is tonight, and that's the only thing that makes me glad I am not graduating tomorrow morning. The girls' in my "Concepts" class that are walking tomorrow are p.o.'ed that we have a late afternoon (5:00pm) exam time for our last class of our major. The girls don't even get to go to dinner with their families on graduation-Eve. Hopefully when I walk in August, this won't be the same for me.

I went downstairs for my Continental breakfast and coffee. It kinda made me sad seeing everyone with  their families, running around doing pre-graduation things. I know that my day is just around the corner... but I couldn't help but fight back a little quench in my throat. I so badly want to be done here.

The semester is coming to a close and I see the past 5 years stretched behind me like a long piece of interstate. I'm just glad I'm almost to my "exit" and I can take a different road to a different somewhere. Who knows where that's going to be though! I can't stand the thought of not knowing where my life is headed. But, I gotta stay on track and finish up my duties here. I just can't wait until my parents, grandparents, and aunt and uncle, are the ones downstairs joining me for pre-grad breakfast. It can't come soon enough!

Congrats to all my grad friends! I am proud of you :)

Peace&LOVE
BAI

No comments: