Wednesday, May 5, 2010

shoes/summer/sass

Oh sweet summertime is finally here. I was raised in The Sunshine State so the warm weather is my bff. And, before I lost my wardrobe my summer clothes were my favorite. My summer shoes were even better. Last weekend I did a little exam/fire retail therapy.  I have been good about my spending since the fire, and I continue to practice self-control when shopping, but I needed some summer goodness.  So, I went to DSW. Yep, Designer Shoe Warehouse.
It could have quite possibly been YEARS since I went into a DSW. Tuscaloosa doesn't have things like that and I never think to go when I'm in Birmingham. The last time I've been into one of their stores was with my mom when I was visiting Orlando a couple years ago. So when I say I was O V E R W H E L M E D.... it's a complete understatement. It didn't take me long to take it all in and giggle with excitement.
I sent a text message to Chace at work, ME: This is NOT good.
HIM: What's not good? You ok?
ME: SHOOEEESSSS!!!!
I didn't buy on impulse. I rarely buy something impulsively. I'm that girl that picks out something, has them hold "it", looks everywhere to find a better "it" or a less expensive "it", and then I finally go back to buy "it" or am too tired at that point and just say screw "it." I went up and down aisles trying to make my "browsing" loop before I went back through to try on the ones that caught my eye. I was about two aisles away from being done with this browser sesh when I saw them. Like love at first sight, I had found "the ones." What a tease.. I looked to the left and right of them and saw that they came in three other colors. Grey, black, mustard yellow.. ooo! ooo! I love mustard yellow. But "the ones" were red. Really pretty like my favorite shade of lipstick red. I hurdled those last two aisles, making a scene. I squealed when I saw that they had a size 6. They looked perf on my bony little feet. 
ME: Cha-ching!! 
HIM: Oh lord, what did you buy?
ME: SHOOEEESSSSSS!!!!!
Just take in the beauty of those Nine West red leather high heels.... they're a beauty huh?  

I can't wait to be my summer sassy and walk all over town in my white linen pants or my black cotton dress with these babies on! My toes will be painted perfectly red and my lip gloss poppin' (duh!). Bye Bye Uggs, hello lovelies!!

Peace&LOVE
bjj
What are your favorite summer shoes? c.o.m.m.e.n.t. below!

No comments: