Monday, February 28, 2011

what a great weekend



Probably the smartest thing Gaga has ever said...



So here's to finding a job!!!
(and I think I may have found one!)
Do you think I'd make a cute little secretary maybe? ;)

Anyways, Happy Monday!!!
I hope everyone had an awesome weekend.
Mine was amaaaazing!!!!











On Friday night, Michelle and I met a friend named Jenny at Wine Room on the cobblestoned Park in Winter Park.  It felt good to get some "girl talk" in and taste some wine, wear high heels, and nibble on some fudge... (and a margherita flatbread but who's counting the calories?!?)

On Saturday, Michelle and I went to the Orlando Chili Cook-Off in Baldwin Park and even though there was barely any CHILI left by the time we got there... we we were still able to check out some pretty groovy bands.  One of my favs - "Big Sam's Funky Nation" was playing and that was a delightful surprise for me! (Don't you just love that?!)  And we got to see Plain Jane Automobile and get to know them a little bit because our friend Heather is in a relationship with the lead singer.  It was a fun day!  Glorious Central Florida weather, good friends, a tiny bit of chili, and groovy jams! 

I got some snug time in with Millie, Jackson, and Lola too! 
And I heard an AWESOME sermon on pro-life/anti-abortion and I really just love the sanctity of life.  I feel like I am so blessed to have had the Lord lay it on my heart many years ago to be a future-adoptive Mommy and I loooooove when He reminds me that He is still preparing my heart.

Aaahh.. He indeed is preparing it!
I tell myself this all day long:
Be still.

I also tell myself this all day long (because my therapist told me to and it works!):::

I am empowered.
I have self-will.
And I will not let anything overwhelm me.

Hope you have an amazing day!
Feel free to use my self-chants to get you through the week ;)

peace and love
baily


3 comments:

Marian said...

Oh wow, that first quote from Gaga...I'm kind of obsessed with it!! And your weekend looks and sounds like it was a blast...and I'm craving chili now:)

Michelle (michabella) said...

That is for sure a great quote!!! I def need to tell myself to Be Still today. Such a crappy day. But what a fun weekend it was!!! Really hoping you are able to get that job! Love ya! <3

Dee Paulino said...

I can't find the right words to say how much I dislike Gaga but she finally said something "normal" about careers and love. I thought I would never say this but I agree with her... Look like you had a fun weekend :)