Sunday, February 20, 2011

Announcement!!!

Guess what?!?

I'm going to be an "Aunt Baily" this year!!!


My beautiful sister, Ashley, is pregnant!!!
 She and her husband, Tyler, are expecting their first child in August!!!
(August 20th is the official due date)

Little Baby Little and I are going to share a birthday week!!!
(my birthday is August 27th!)

I had to keep it a secret for almost 5 weeks!!!  But I just can't keep it in anymore... I need to blab about it!!!  She's told family and friends, but she isn't the type to announce her entire life over FB (like I am) but she gave me permission to announce it to my wonderful blog readers!!!
She has been working on her own blog to record this wonderful journey in her life!!!  But, she's a little bit busier than I am these days - so blogging has to fit in between being an intensive care nurse in a level 1 trauma unit,  being a graduate student pursuing her nurse practitioner degree, living the life of a pregnant lady, being a dog-mom to two precious boxers, and -most importantly- being a loving wife to the coolest brother-in-law I could have ever asked for.

I designed her blog header for her and she loves it! (Thank God!) I know she is going to have SO MUCH to blog about so I think she'll get off to a great start...

...if you have a second, head over and say hello and meet my best friend and favorite person in the world - my Sissy!  It's just now getting started, her blog is, but it makes me all the more giddy and excited when I imagine how much love is going to be shared on that blog throughout this pregnancy and the childhood of my precious future niece or nephew... I can't wait!!!


I can't wait to be Aunt Baily... er, Aunt Sissy!
that's what I am "called" by this niece and nephew that I already have...

Meet the future siblings, Maybelle & Beau
(I call them Sissy and Bobohead)

I am just SO delighted and SO thankful to the Lord for everything He blesses us with... I just can't wait to welcome this next generation of my amazing family into this world.  The news of having a niece or nephew already has me wanting to make the world a better place for them.  It has me praying that the Lord will be preparing my heart so that I can be a good example to this beautiful child that awaits its entrance into the world.  I'll be this baby's only aunt.  Tyler has a brother, and I am Ashley's only sister.  I am already asking God that he equip me with the things that make a great aunt - unconditional love, a warming spirit, the integrity to be an honest example, and the wisdom to be a positive messenger of God's amazing grace to this baby as it grows up. 

I can't wait to see what God and this baby are going to do in the lives of my family - we are all SO excited!!!

Of course, I'll keep you posted - and I just can't wait to turn 24 now because that means it is Little Baby Little time!!!

Please pray for a healthy pregnancy and a stress-free journey for the Little family!!!

peace and love
aunt sissy


11 comments:

Alicia xoxxo said...

Congratulations! Soooo exciting!!!
Heading over to your sister's blog now!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations :) That's SO exciting!! I can already tell you are going to be a wonderful Aunt Baily!!

xo

Michelle (michabella) said...

Sooo exciting!!! Congrats Aunt Baily! <3

Renée said...

Awww! Congrats!!! Being an Aunt is so fun! :)

Dee Paulino said...

woohoo how exciting!! congrats, you already sounds like a phenomenal aunt. I could picture the baby as a teenager laughing and loving how sweet this post is. Thanks for your sweet comment.

I have got mucho love for you sister, I am so grateful we "met"!! You're always in my prayers, xo

Caley-Jade Rosenberg said...

CONGRATS girl, that is such exciting news! Looking forward to following sissy too x

kebowman said...

congrats Aunt Baily! I know you're excited! :)

mary kate said...

thats so great that your sister is pregnant! congrats! also i do know a little bit stronger and love it

Holli said...

Congratulations! I love being an aunt... it's one of the best gifts ever!!

katrina said...

oooh congrats honey. being an aunt is the best. you get to love on them all you want and pass them over when they are naughty or stinky. HAH!

Dee Paulino said...

I just saw the comment you posted on my blog on the 20th. && Heck yeah!! I could go visit Orlando around August or during the fall, we should definitely start coordinating. You can come visit me too if you want, and I can show you around historic Newport -->"that's really all there is to see in RI." we all know Orlando is way cooler haha