Thursday, February 17, 2011

Went to the beach, got the flu...

 I went to Ft. Lauderdale and had a wonderful time in the sunshine... reading gossip magazines and sipping cold ones.



 And gawking at this beautiful scenery that just made me feel at home again...


 And I came home with a little bit of sun...


 But I also came home with some pretty mean and achey cold & flu symptoms.
I spent the entire night throwing up every bit of hydration my body had. 
And now I'm feeling weak, but slightly less miserable than I was feeling last night and this morning.  Mom and I were hoping to get another half-day of sun in, but I'd have to lay on my stomach (because ^apparently^ I got a little too much on my front-side already) and laying on my stomach in 80 degree weather was simply a no go with the dehydration I was facing.

So, this looks more like my morning...



This looks more like it. Mega-hydration mode on Gatorade. But, err, yea I definitely snuck in a Coca-Cola or two - I can't survive a normal day without the damn things, who thinks I'm going to make it through a day with the mean, green stomach bug without my Coca-Cola?
But there I am in the mizzzzzerable car ride home.  Ok, it wasn't that bad but my body was all sorts of high pain aches and cramps and just total uncomfort, in general.

But we're home... and I'm starting to feel a little bit better.
So I think it's a bubble-bath night & reading books & maybe some snug time with Millie.
I know I need to get caught up on my blog-friends posts but this computer screen ain't helping my headache tonight.  I promise I haven't lost any love for y'all... in fact, y'all have been the most supportive little darlin's in the world so thank you for that!!!
You all are the greatest!!!

I guess it's snug time with Millie... she just claimed her spot (and the remote!) while I was posting this blog. 



Oh yeah, the only good not bad thing about being sick is getting to stuff my face with these...



peace and love
baily


8 comments:

Ashley said...

so jealous of you and all your sun! love the swimsuits by the way! hope you're feeling better lady!

Liesl said...

Sorry you got the flu, but it looks like you had a fun day in the sun! Feel better soon!

Liesl :)

Mal said...

What a beautiful view! I went to South Beach last summer, and that's exactly what it looked like :) I have been a little under the weather, too. It's been a lot of orange juice, dayquil & naps. Feel better girl! xo

Dee Paulino said...

I hope you get better soon!! I would trade your flu for a day at the beach. Seriously, we hit 51 degrees today and I almost lost my sanity with the sun's sexiness, I missed that. I should stop typing now, this comment is really making no sense. but you got the point, keep getting some rest and well soon miss :)

jenny said...

So jealous of your little vacation!
Hope you're feeling better soon - I'm currently sick too and it suuuucks!
Also, I miss Coke so bad! I've been on a diet since the new year which means only diet pop for me! Wahhh

suzy said...

feel better!

Caley-Jade Rosenberg said...

WOW! Those are awesome pics! Hope you feel better soon hun (and I couldn't agree more on the Coca-Cola addiction!) x

Jesslyn Amber said...

I hope you feel better soon, Baily! Love your beach pics. So jealous. :)