Friday, February 4, 2011

accessory swap!

Guess what?!?

I got my package in the mail from Krystal - my accessories swap partner from over at MJ's blog.  I got hers off in the mail so she should be getting it soon!!! I hope she likes what I picked out for her as much as I liked what she sent me!



This was my first "blog swapping" experience and it was a success!!!
I enjoyed it and I want to host something soon...
any good ideas on what we should "theme" it with?








Don't you love it?  So "Baily" right?
You did well, girlfriend! :)
THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Guess what else?!?
I was EXTRA delighted by her sending this boho bracelet from AE because I have the same one, but I can't wear it anymore because it is so stretched out and faded. 
I mean, I could wear it but I usually choose not to because it's pretty special and has sentimental meaning behind it and I don't want to lose it. 
The reason it is sentimental is because it was the first piece of jewelry I bought myself after the fire.  My best friend/roommate, Jackie, had bought me my first "hippie bracelet" to get my collection going again a couple of days after the fire when we were both living in the hotel.  I loved it so much that I wanted another to go along with it.. you know, trying to rebuild my sleeve of boho bracelets and all.  I went to American Eagle and found this one which I though "hmm, that's so ME - pearls and leather... Southerny but eclectic."  And that's why I bought it. 
And that's also why I won't wear it - because I don't want to lose it and I let it get too stretched out. 

So, in other words - I won't let this one get wet like I did the other one and I will use the clasp and not try to squeeze it over my wrist/hand even though they're tiny, and I'll take extra good care of it since it is extra special.  I just thought it was SO NEAT that she picked out the same one!  It meant something more than a random blogger swap... that is what I am trying to say.

In her note, she said "I didn't know if American Eagle was your "thing" or not but they have good boho and vintage inspired things..." 
Well, I happen to love AE's jewelry! 

Seriously... check out my collection!



pretty groovy, huh?

peace and love
baily

14 comments:

theappletea said...

so so so great! Love it!

Rissy said...

ooo I love that turquoise bracelet... where's it from?

Unknown said...

awww yay!! how neat! =)
I definitely would LOVE to be part of a blog swap -- i'm definitely in if you host =)

Nicole said...

awesome stuff!!!

cate said...

a friend gave me that turquoise bracelet from AE for christmas.
love it!

blog swap? fun!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Swaps are the best!!! She did REAL good!!! :)

Holli said...

I'm so happy the yarn friendship bracelets are back in style.... we used to make those when I was in junior high and I would wear mine until they fell off. I still have them in a keepsake box somewhere....23 years later now... lol happy memories!

Sandy a la Mode said...

totally love the bracelet! the details on it are soo great!! :)

Caley-Jade Rosenberg said...

Such a great idea... pity I live all the way in South Africa:(

Dee Paulino said...

Its so you. What a great idea

krystal said...

I'm so touched to read this post! I am so glad you enjoyed! I love to swap via Swap-bot.com but I would love more Blogger swaps since it's rewarding to see the blogger post her package when she opens it! =) I think you should host one, I would definitely join! Postcards, jewelry, makeup, fragrances, whatever!

Jennifer B said...

I'm a new follower from Krystal! Her and I were all gmail-chatting today and she's like "go look at this jewelry piece I sent someone" and I love it! And your blog!

LifestyleBohemia said...

How fun! I love what she sent you. Your jewelery collection mirrors mine - boho chic, I love it!
Have a lovely weekend!
xx

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Fun!!!! What a great idea.

<3, New Follower
Check out my $100 APART Style Giveaway