Monday, February 28, 2011

an "ABOUT ME"


I have met so many new friends in the blog-world lately and I think it is time that I have another "about me" post so that my new readers can get to know me a little more.  The amount of love and support that I receive from my "followers" continues to overwhelm me in the most positive way and I just want to say thank you to everyone who cares for me - and I know so many of you do!  It is the most fantastic feeling to know that I am loved, adored, and thought of - but most of all, I open up this blog post with such thanksgiving for all the prayer and spiritual support I have received!  I know that the power of prayer is the reason that I smile and I know that God's love is why I can shine even in times of hardship.  Know that I pray for all of you, old friends and new friends alike, and that I am grateful for all of your inspiration!!!

So... here we go.

I'm Baily.  I'm 23. 
I was born in Asheville, NC.
I grew up in a suburb of Orlando, FL and graduated high school in 2005.  I was a sports columnist for my high school newspaper, a varsity cross-country runner, and a varsity soccer player.  I also strutted my stuf as the baseball team's bat girl - which helped me earn my superlative as Class of 2005's Biggest Flirt.
What??? Momma got it for her class of '79! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! ;)

I am obsessed with Ray Bans. 
I went to the University of Alabama where I studied Journalism and Child Development for the past five years.  I am currently on a break.
Because, life happens.
Like this:
Last April 13th I lost everything I owned in a housefire in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.  It has been a journey of recovery, rebuilding, and reinvention and every day has been a new discovery since. 
So, life through me off course a little bit but I believe in chasing my dreams and I know that I will make everyone proud one day.  I have been restored with hope and I have been redeemed in a rejuvenated faith. 

The fire didn't take away ALL that was precious to me.... meet my best friend.  Mildred Jean Jones.
She will be 2 years old in April.  I got her in June 2009 and she has warmed my heart each and every day!  I got her one week to the day prior to Michael Jackson's death but had already decided to name her "Millie Jean" because of my favorite MJ song, "Billie Jean."  It just so happened that we were a week early to tributing his death.  See?  She's freaking SPECIAL! :)
Anyways, I like to wear flowers in my hair...


And I'm a HUGE fan of


and even though some assholes have made me want to give up, I still believe in LOVE, too.  

I'm obsessed with CAROLINA Basketball and ALABAMA Football.
Go Heels & Roll Tide 

I am infatuated with Forrest Gump.
I dig Phish, Widespread Panic, and The Grateful Dead... their music does nothing but free me. But I am sort've a music junkie so the list is muuuuuch longer than that.  I like country, folk, rock 'n roll, psychadelic, and jam music.  I am a supporter of indie music and I collect vinyl records! :)


I'm a little girl.  I'm about 5'3 and 100 lbs.
But I've got a fiesty attitude and can "hold my own" with anyone! ;)
Speaking of being itty-bitty, my mom's bank teller didn't think I was 23 I guess...

I'm a guys' girl... I've always had more guy friends than girl friends.
But, as I grow up I have learned the bittersweet truths about friendships and I know I have amazing friends - both ladies and gents!  I am so grateful for them ALL! 



I have a Sissy who is my best friend.


....and preggers!!!
So stoked!

Umm... what else?
I dig accessories. 
Scarves, bracelets, funky jewelry, and boots!

I'm not a HUGE fan of talking on the phone... but I will. 
I am just more text-savvy!!

Above all else, I am a DREAMER.




I'm a free-spirit.  A music lover.  A wildflower.

And when things get bad... this passage (which I've dubbed as "my fire passage") is what gets me through and allows me to 'Be still, and know that He is God.'


Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you wil leat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow.  They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the gradss of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you - oh you of little faith? 
So do not worry, saying 'What sall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:25-34

Hope you enjoyed getting to know me!

WELCOME NEW FOLLOWERS!

now, fill me in on YOU!

peace and love
bai

15 comments:

Chelsea said...

Loved this!!! thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

So many things I loved about this post! I was voted Biggest Flirt at my highschool too! Made my momma proud! lol!

Young and Fabulous said...

beautiful post!! :) You have a great life. So so sorry to hear about that fire but you look like you have pushed past it and i think that's great! <3

xoxo i am a recent follower of your blog and think its just amazing!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Love love love this post. You are such an amazing, beautiful girl. SO happy to have you in my life <3

Unknown said...

This is awesome! It was good to get to know you a bit better!

Nicole said...

you and your pup are way too cute!!

Amanda said...

Even though I've been a follower for awhile, I loved reading this "about me" post! I love your blog!

Connally said...

oh this was lovely♥
i'm a recent follower, so this was muchly appreciated. i adore getting to see the gritty parts of others' hearts.
i just did another 'cassie's therapy video' posts, so you can get a teensy glimpse into my heart if you have the time:

http://musingsofahippie.blogspot.com/2011/02/tripping-over-all-rules.html

Dee Paulino said...

Lovely post...
I am a big fan of Ray Bans as well :)
you're so pretty & your sissy too. Oh and your puppy!

Ps: I am not sure if you saw my reply to your comment about FB on the last post. In case you didn't, here it is: I deactivated my fb for many many reasons I will blog about (prob over the weekend)--- Already blogged on Saturday 26th, but I have a twitter

hannah banana said...

lovely post. thanks for sharing
xx

http://lovelucylocket.blogspot.com

Holli said...

Wonderful post! I'm so sorry to hear that you had to go through that fire but happy to know that your family and friends and faith have gotten you through it. That's awesome!

Jenni Austria Germany said...

you are so pretty. i have that record player. :)

mary kate said...

loved this post thanks for sharing :)

Sandy a la Mode said...

awwww thanks for sharing this post! loved learning more about you! :)

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

such a great post! The fire picture brings tears to my eyes, thank God your dog wasn't in it!! I loveeee Boxers! That is also one of my favorite bible verses. It's so true! I try to always remember that the birds have no idea where they'll get food, but they always manage to find it, and I'm sure they don't worry half as much as I do!!