Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday - a day in the life

My day, in a nutshell.

I didn't get good sleep last night, I had a funky sleepy pattern, and I was in a weird mood all day today.  I don't know, I was just having one of those days.



Even though I had a lot on my mind & heart today - I found a way to overcome it and find joy in my day.  I know that even though I suffer through my "funks" there are FAR MORE things going GOOD for me and I don't mean to always seem like down in the pits.  More times than not, I'm living a life full of happiness, love, and self-renewal.  I just sometimes get so hunkered down with the things that overwhelm me that it is hard to express the overall, and genuine, happiness that I feel.  Free.  Literally, everytime I feel "trapped" within the confining walls of depression and it's sometimes cruddy symptoms, I remember that I am HOME and that is all I need to find this authentic smile...


It is truly full of peace & love because nothing brings more of those things than being home!

Feels suuuuuper good.
And since I've had to experience the differences in families by living in a different place, dating different people with different family dynamics than I do (haha, somtimes really different) has allowed me to recognize how GRATEFUL I am for my family.


So as I drank my "morning Coca-Cola" I decided to sit down in in the after-noon sun and ponder some of the chaos that was going on in my head.  Yes, my "morning Coca-Cola" was not actually enjoyed this morning but rather this afternoon when I finally fought through the fatigue and climbed out of bed.  It was one of "those days" in the beginning.
But as I thought about the 'stuff' on my mind... I realized that I hadn't been expressing my love and adoration for my family in the way that I should have.  So, I made it my duty to address some of those things that needed to be and I feel better and more inspired to be a better daughter/friend/new-roomate with my parents.  It's been an over-all smooth adjustment moving back home, but I know I have thrown some curveballs and hit some pot-holes as well.  I'm just REALLY excited about Momma & I's breakfast date tomorrow :)


These are those palms in my front yard that I just love to photograph!
The sky was perfect today though... so this one may be getting printed and hung on the wall.
You know this gal loves that color turquoisey blue :)


I jammed to this...
Umm, she just really knows about life.



I hit up Sonic "happy hour" for a 96-cent Coca-Cola.
It was awesome.
It's right at the end of my street.... oh. no.



I delivered a surprise to a special (blog) friend!!!
Love you! 



And I love you!


Then I ate the most tastiest dinner (Southern style, of course) and topped it off with some super-amazing strawberry shortcake while I watched American Idol.
I, like, never watch American Idol but it was BEATLES night so I felt it was my duty.

But damn, J-Lo is so hot. I'm sorry, but I'm a bonified Florida chic and I think her elegant Latin edge is soooooo pretty! And she rocks that red lipstick like a Goddess...

Can you tell I'm a J-Lo fan? Ha.

Hope you had an awesome day, friends!!!

WHAT DID YOU DO??? 

PEACE AND LOVE
BAI

give some love to your girls' fav band....!!!!!
PHISH

9 comments:

Rissy said...

I'm sorry you were in a funk today : (
I have felt that way all week... it isn't the greatest.

I am glad you found bright spots in the day though, because that seems to be what has happened for me as well.

Umm it took me until this season of AI to realize JLo is REALLY hot! how awful is that?! I was like o wait wow damn!

On a sad note, the closest Sonic for me is 40 minutes away. O woe is me. hehe

CarissaExplainsItAll

Chelsea said...

hahaha, great post! I like how you find joy in the simplest of things :) very inspirational!

Sandy a la Mode said...

sorry you were in a funk today!! i love all of these pics girl! you are soo beautiful and sonic sounds soo good right now!!!

Francesca said...

Aw delicious! your dog is super cute too. I had an off day today too ;\ I played some tennis with my boyfriend and I got really tired for some reason so I had to take a nap after an hour :( and im not unfit either it was just weird!

http://opinionslave.blogspot.com x

Kenj said...

Oh man, totally jealous of your nice weather and palm trees, wanna switch. ill give you snow, you give me sunshine?! yeah, awesome.!

Dee Paulino said...

Great post, those palm trees look dreamy.
I hope you'd a great time with your mother on your breakfast date :)

Michelle (michabella) said...

Hello beautiful friend!!! Wish I could have joined you on enjoying the FL sun yesterday! Thanks again for the sweet suprise waiting for me when I got home! :) BLESSED to have you in my life :) I am so happy that you decided to turn around your day. Isn't it so wonderful to sit back and think of all the little things we have to be thankful for... like 96 cent colas, palm trees, sunshine <3 LOVE YOU! Very excited for this weekend!

Holli said...

It sounds like you had a PERFECT day! I loved hearing about it and that you decided to get yourself out of your funk and make a conscious decision to be in a better mood. Sometimes that's all that you need to do to make the day better :)

Jenni Austria Germany said...

i miss sonic.