Wednesday, October 20, 2010

new friends and old friends

When I advocate myself as a peace and love lady, I don't mean to insinuate that I'm a lost soul way over on the left side.  I think world peace would be a pretty awesome thing obviously, but I carry a realistic state of mind for the most part and know that it has unfortunately turned into something that is just a euphoria for all the dreamers and peace wishers out there.  So I guess my generation advocates the ideas of peace and love more in the peace of mind kind of way and the love your neighbor and love your life ways. 
The tricky part to it all is the peace part.  Always has been, always will be... even in the peace of mind way.

Because the love part is all up to you and to your own heart and your own burning passion. Whereas, peace of mind, has to do with a combination of things: a unity and a harmony of all different sorts that come together to create that eye of the storm, the safe haven in the middle of life.  Our own peace of mind.

When you are given a new peace of mind, from what I've come to find out at least, you can feel it and it's a whole experience in itself.  I got that last night.

I experienced a new peace of mind.  A worry was stripped from me, a friend was made and another friend regained.  I feel an abundant happiness from the way things turned out with a very special friend and a lovely gal who is not only appreciated by me for being so 'real' and so 'genuine' but for being a big person and inspiring me to aim for the same gracefulness in other situations.

I guess since I've blogged about it enough over the past six months, I can say that I was pretty upset and broken-hearted over the drying up of a really groovy friendship.  That certain friend who threw me the life preserver when I was sinking ship.  The one who made me love myself and see that I'm capable of living a pretty kickass and extraordinary life and, to be honest, this certain best guy friend finally had to put it brutally honest to me: if you want to be miserable, be miserable... but if you want life to love you back you gotta love life Baily Jones."  It's one of those lines you just don't forget because he was exactly right.  He's always been a passionate life-liver and that's an inspiring characteristic that pulls other creative-souled people in like a magnet because it's an energy we all crave for the adventurous life.  So it didn't surprise me that I found a lot of things we have in common when I had the opportunity to get to know his leading lady, here recently. 

The most awesome part about this newfound harmony amongst old and new friends is just that.  Sometimes you just have to keep digging to find the answer for the reasons things were the way they were.  I wanted to know, for so long, why I had found this friendship so dried up when it once splashed with all things BFF. haha. But, I forgave and tried to understand even though the absence was paralyzing some of those days this summer when life got hardest for me.  I continued to do what I thought was right and each night I would hope for new signs of friendship tomorrow.  Eventually, all the pieces fell into place.  Once I learned the lessons, forgave myself for wrestling with negativity and emotions and empty apathy, and after I did my own part in creating a peace of mind for myself.  After I took care of those things, life just seemed to - well, love me back!

I'm excited about my new peace of mind.  I think this 'phase' I got through was something that I needed to go through.  I've learned a lot about friendship this summer and Fall.  I've learned my heart and kept my mind positive and for that I do believe my mind and my heart are now in harmony with one another.  And for extra good sleep at night, I can finally say that I feel pretty unified and harmonous with two people that mean a lot to me already - one old and one new. 

So thanks, friends.  Things like this might not be life or death or the reason we are all standing at the end of the day - but it gives us a reason to dance, for sure. They are our bridges over troubled water. And, it's one small battle that's been given some world peace and one busy little neurotic mind that was given a few doses of peace as well.  And as always, there's mad friend-love from me to y'all.



peace and love
baily


No comments: