Wednesday, October 6, 2010

10 Things: Day 1

10 Things I'd Like To Say To 10 Different People


Janis - Thank you for giving me songs to both sing and scream to.  You and the wooden record player have dug me out of some major ruts and I think your scratchy, raspy voice is one of the most amazing things that rock 'n roll ever saw.  You were real, above all else and I appreciate you some 50 years since your death because of that.  There are real people in the world, these days, but they are few and far between it seems. 

Barack Obama - I'm still trying to figure out why you are our President.  I'm also trying to figure out your campaign platform, CHANGE.  Was that supposed to be more specific.. like, good change or bad change?  Because good?? Ain't seein' it, Pres!

Carrie Bradshaw - Hello lover! You give me goosebumps, STILL, when I watch a re-run episode or put in one of my sacred SATC dvds and I hear you say "I couldn't help but wonder..." or "Later that night I got to thinking..."  You are the EPITOME of the true female spirit.  Conquer the biggest city in America, make your own choices, rewrite the rules of intimacy, and look absolutely  fabulous doing it all.  You're more than a t.v. character, you are the poster child for so many girls who choose to exhibit their feminist side in a different way than frumpy clothes, unGodly hair, and picket signs.  Beautiful ladies have "girl-power", too!

Octomom - You're a fame whore and it's sickening that you jeopardize the optimum opportunities for your children by being that way.

Clay - The small things add up to the most magnificently big things.  Thank you for sharing that belief with me.

Becca - I have had an envelope addressed to you and Selah for 2 weeks now.  I am being a procrastinator with buying stamps (you would, too, if you saw Tuscaloosa's sorry excuses for post offices and the line that wraps around like it's a Disney World attraction...) I PROMISE I will get it in the mail to you soon.  Nothing crazy and can't-live-without but I do have a little token of my appreciation for your inspiration ;)

Papaw - I am praying for your surgery! You are going to be just fine because we have the Lord on our side :) Thank you for being a true Godly example in my life all these years.  Because of that, and the love I've received from all the wonderful people in my family, I am able to be confidant and firm in my faith that He is watching over us & I know that He will continue to bless us as you have minor operation next week.  Many prayers are lifted up for you!

Nick Saban - You are the man! Thank you for giving me a year's worth of bragging rights and then for re-stating on Saturday that the dynasty has only begun and 'the process' is starting now.  Not only for that, but for being such a leader (despite what the jealous Dolphins fans want to think) and quoting such valuable life lessons.  I'm obsessed with quotes, and yours are far more about life than about football.  You remind me of my Dad in that way, because no post-game talk after a basketball or soccer game or a cross-country race was ever truly about my talent/potentional/performance but more a preparation pep-talk for life and I have a lot of friends who play for you and they agree that you have instilled the honor and value of life into your players through your words and examples.  Some people want to only see you at face value... walking away from LSU, walking away from Miami, but I see you as someone who loved college football (and was super-good at it) and you didn't find a 'fit' as an NFL coach so you did what was best for you and your family.  And, in turn, for MY family - the Alabama family - and brought us from reminiscing about championships to actually winning them.  It wasn't just the talented players... if that were the case there would be no career in coaching college football because if it was all the players then who needs a coach, right?  You've changed things at Alabama and brought the CLASS, and TRADITION, and EXCELLENCE back.

Forrest Gump - You symbolize the innocence of America, the pride of the American dream, and you exhibit genuinity as you embrace the most historical moments in our country's history.  You keep me believing that anything can happen - whether you work for it or it jumps up and bites you in the buttocks.  You loved Jenny, unconditionally, and from a complicated, independent-spirited, and semi-troubled girl... that is the one thing that matters most in the entire world: UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.  You can love in all capacities, friends/lovers/family/soulmates/soul-friends/ex-friends/ex-lovers/etc. but few people get the unconditional part down pat.  You keep me inspired to LoVe those that don't love me or loved me and now no longer love me... if it is truly love (not true love, there is a difference) then you love and forgive people despite their trespasses against you.  You also show me that if you continue to love people even when it is not reciprocated love, you may not get what you want, but you have the innate ability to inspire others to go on loving and forgiving and most of all.... LiViNg!!!!!
And your quotes are fantastic.

Millie - It is so good to have you back! I hope that you have enjoyed hiking the T-town trails, playing frisbee - which you are totally rockin' at thanks to Granna and Big Butch, and snuggling with Mommie at night.  You were missed SO EXTREMELY much!  I think you have brought a few more rays of sunshine into Mommie's not-so-grey life.  I love you, Piggie.

well, there's Day 1.  Let's see what we've got for Day 2, tomorrow of course :) 

peace and love
baily









1 comment:

Sarah @ Cubicle Sanity said...

AH! You were my first comment!!!!
I feel so legitimate now! I like your blog and am totally giving you a shout out soon. BTW...just bacame a follower.
How are you?