Thursday, October 14, 2010

let the rebuilding begin....

Guess what finally came in the mail to my Florida house?
It came in the mail... exactly 6 months to the day after the fire.
THE INSURANCE CLAIMS CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


BOOM! Yessss.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am allowed to VERY RESPONSIBLY begin rebuilding my 'assets' that I had in the fire.  Mom is dying to fly me home to hit up the amazing factory stores that the Orlando shopping scene offers.  It's always a bargain shopper's heaven and since she and I are both bargain shoppers... this is a 'playground.'  Sorry Dad, it's only because of the fire.  And we ALL wish that it just would have never happened!

I do at least.  A lot of my life would be a little less complicated and I wouldn't be such an emotional see-saw.  Oh well... life happens and we've just got to ride it out.

But back to the higher end of the see-saw, I GET TO START, well I should say CONTINUE, TO REPLACE MY BELONGINGS!

Of course, I got the neccessities and a few extra goodies here and there for being spoiled and well taken care of, but I get to actually get some furniture ordered, buy a winter coat, get Millie a better leash, an iPod, my infamous bohemian jewelry, and books, and purses.

Speaking of purses... Queen Bargain-Shopper (that's Momma, I'd be the Princess one) found the most BEAUTIFUL grey Coach purse for me. Thanks, Momma!  She got tickled that the style name was 'Hippie'... hahaha.

Guess what I asked my Mom for money for to replace first???
Undies! So, it's off to Victoria's Secret I go.  It's my 6-month post-fire birthday and I finally have claims check cash! :)

Baily

1 comment:

Cole Franke said...

:) have fun! happy for you. and love the positive attitude.