Tuesday, October 26, 2010

silly millie

Little Millie seriously cracks me up.  Her routine in the morning is something that is definitely noticed and missed when she isn't with me.  For the past three weeks, or however long it has been since I got her back from her extended vacay in Florida, she has greeted my sleepy self in the mornings with the same enthusiasm she did when she was an even younger pup.  She's a year and a half old this week, but she wakes me up the same way she did at the 1008 house - a routine that she started when she was only five months old or so.

When she first wakes up, she slides from sleeping at the foot of the bed and in between my legs up to my pillow - where she sleeps for about an hour longer laid up as close to me as possible, breathing the same air I do.  Then, when "nature calls" and she realizes all that water she drank before bed has to go somewhere, she stretches her skinny little neck back and starts kissing her Momma's face (usually the nose or ears).  Then we fight, she'll push me, I'll push her back, she'll do her little moany-growl and I'll do mine, and then finally I will surrender to her boxer slaps she resorts to in order to get me up and out the door to take her out.

Walk #1 of 58 times a day I walk the dog.  She drinks entirely too much water.  I really do miss Jackie and Elena sitting on the couches at the old house yelling, "MILLIE... quit drinking the water!!!!" We HAD to regulate... we were still in mega-puppy-mode and there was no way in H-E-double hockey sticks we could control that whizzing machine.

Seriously, the 'community dog bowl' in the kitchen had to be Millie-proofed many times a day.  My sister's dog's share a water bowl and do just fine, she has to have her own, usually, when we are at her house.  Like, at the old house we would be sitting in one girl's bedroom and all start to wonder and question where the dogs were, and then as we got quiet to hear where their noises were coming from you always could figure it out by Millie going to town in someone's dog bowl's... drinking like a fish.

But she doesn't mess in the house.  Well, we figured out that some of "Aunt Pash & Sissy Maybelle's Dog Treats" don't settle too well on her stomach.  We had a big issue on Sunday morning.  Haha, sorry Sissy.  But what I mean is, she never goes "pee-pee" in the house because of her massive and excessive water intake on the daily basis.  Somehow in the 58 times a day it seems like I take her out, she takes care of things.  She's a good girl.

It's just really funny watching her maneuver herself into getting what she wants... every single time.  You can't say "no" to a face like that. 


No comments: