Monday, October 18, 2010

keep truckin

You know that feeling of goodness that comes over you when something goes right?
In general, it's that pat-yourself-on-the-back kind of thing that is worthy of a little self-righteous praise.  I've been experiencing that a little bit lately in the relationship and friends departments - I sign of upwad growth compared to some of the turmoil these past six months.

I got to spend a lot of time this weekend talking to girlfriends.  Some I had just met and instantly hit it off with and some that have been deepened by phases of closeness over the years.  But at the end of the day, we're all women - we fill our tanks up with faith, hope, and love and then we drive full-throttle on this self-actualization journey until we find our tank is a little low.  Then it's time to turn to those sources of fuel, our friends and fellow females that fill us back up and get us back on that road to tracking down our destinies.  It sounds cliche, but then again - I have recently begun to buy into some of these ol' cliches.

It felt good talking to this group of girlfriends this weekend not because I have found myself - yet again - with my gaslight on and my engine stalling - but even better, I was able to be a positive mentor and be a listener.  The very best part about it was that I was appreciated for being so and I wasn't wasting my words on people who were letting it go in one ear and out the other. 

My eyes fill up with big raindrop tears and am humbled when people are real and genuine with me and give me that pat on my back for digging so deep into each situation - whether tragedy or blessing - and turning them all into even bigger blessings.  I guess I just didn't know, until recently, that I have been a living testimony to some people.  I don't know if it's a tug on my heart from the Lord to spend some time serving others or if it's just one of those highs on the goodness of life.  But I've revealed a lot to myself lately, and if it feels this good, now, then there is no way that I am calling it quits or slowing down anytime soon.

My theme in life is passion and I know I have gone on and on about passion on this blog for the entirety of it's existence, but like I said - not quitting. 

With every pat on the back I receive from my own sense of self-worth or from God or from friends and family, just refuels me and keeps me full-throttle on this road to my destination.  And here lately, I have made some very groovy and boldly colorful friends and have met a beautiful-souled boy who has sparked that inner-fire that had seemed to burn out with the flames in April.  A new flame, for pun's sake.

I'm glad I can use my life as an example to people, those wonderful  girlfriends, who found themselves a little lost and off-course and in need of refueling.  The one thing I can say with all certainty is that with a full tank of faith, hope, and love anything is possible. 

And the things you will discover when you keep yourself filled with those things, is hard to describe but the scenery only gets better the further you journey on and eventually we all either learn to love the open road by ourselves or we find that person who wants to help us drive and make the ride all the more worthwhile.  Then the less scenic parts of the trip don't seem so bad.   And with faith, you'll be able to keep on going with affirmation that there will be prettier days ahead.

peace and love
baily



you have never taken a solitary road trip across a part of this country? i mean, everybody's got to take a road trip at least once in their lives.  just you and some music.
-elizabethtown


No comments: