Thursday, October 21, 2010

10 days: day four

7 things that cross my mind a lot....

1. FiRe - sorry to be so forward with it but I'm just stating the obvious. We can just get it over with.
2. HunGeR - I will be the first to admit that Millie isn't the only Miss Piggie around here.
3. CHILDREN with sPeCiAL nEeDs - Did you know that October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month???
4. FaMiLy - and as I like to say, it's the one we are born into and it's also the one we create for ourselves with the other souls in the world.

5. BCS StAnDiNgS - and to be honest ( please excuse my language), it really chaps my ass that ALABAMA is No. 8.  Thanks to the fact that both Penn State and Florida turned out to be unallegiant to any sort of power-elite status like the two programs are historically known for being.  A weakened schedule and a reaaaaalllly bad performance in Columbia, SC against a well-prepared South Carolina team who had their best day on Bama's worst.  But still, the Boise State's and Texas-Christian's wouldn't last two weeks in an SEC schedule.  Especially in Alabama's schedule where A LOT of people are tending to forget that every team has a 'bye week' the week before they play us.  Ya, that's totally fair.  Funny how the NCAA didn't catch that one, huh? National Coalition Against Alabama. Also funny how we were #1, and lost to a ranked team, on their home field - not ours, and we moved back THAT MUCH?  It's safe to say that Bama won that title last year so there's no way the coalition will allow for Bama to have the same opportunity that Urban Meyer and his titty-baby Tebow were given... when they had one loss that year, as well. They're keeping Alabama and Nick Saban (who everyone is PETRIFIED of because he's taking out head coaches and getting them fired like their bowling pins or something...) right at #8 so that they can get away with just sending us to the Sugar Bowl and telling us to be happy with the BCS bid.  Spurrier lost to Kentucky after beating Alabama. That ride on Cloud 9 didn't last too long, did it Ball Coach?
WOW - I just ranted, my bad.

6. My mOttO(s):  bE aS yOu aRe and rOcK wHaT yOu'Ve GoT

7.  OHS sPaNiSh cLaSs - Because "someone" has me re-learning that roll of the tongue and that hard-to-grasp set of grammar rules.  It is fun, though, and I doubt it's going to hurt me in my career field.  I'm a millennial chick and should be a little more cultured in language than I am... becausethe times they are a changin'.  Oh, speaking of 'being more linguistically cultured' - I have convinced myself that I need to really invest the time and practice into learning American Sign Language.  ASL is such an amazing way to serve others - the literal meaning of "hands that serve" and a way to live a life of fulfillment.  So, Rosetta Stone?? Or what method should I use? Help!

I want to leave you with this...
I opened up a random craft book at Barnes & Noble yesterday and the page was blank except for THIS. And it was exactly what I needed... it's aWeSoMe!!!!

Enjoy the FREEFALL.
Choose exhilaration over comfort. 
Choose angle over predictability.  Choose potential over safety. 
Wake up to the MaGiC of everyday life.
Make friends with your intuition. Trust your gut.
DISCOVER THE BEAUTY OF UNCERTAINTY.
Know yourself fully before you make promises to another.
Make MiLLiOnS of mistakes so you will know how to choose what you really need. 
Know when to HOLD ON and when to LET GO.
LoVe hard, and often, and without reservation.
Seek knowledge. OPEN YOURSELF to possibility.
Keep your HEART OPEN, your HEAD HIGH, and your SPIRIT FREE.
Embrace your DARNESS along with your LIGHT.
Be wrong every once in a while and DON'T BE AFRAID to admit it.
Awaken to the bRiLLiAnCe in OrDiNaRy MoMeNtS.
Tell the truth about yourself no matter what the cost.
OWN YOUR REALITY WITHOUT APOLOGY.
See goodness in the world.
Be BOLD. Be FIERCE. Be GRATEFUL.
Be WiLd, CrAzY, aNd gLoRiOusLy FrEe.
BE YOU.

peace and love
be as you are
BAILY

No comments: