Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hangout Music Festival 2011


I had a really great time at the Hangout Music Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama this past weekend.  I left on Thursday afternoon and arrived 8 hours later in the beautiful Gulf-coast town.  The festival started on Friday and for 3 DAYS straight I boogied, grooved, and jammed.  It was awesome!!!


I got to see so many friends that I haven't seen since I moved home in December.  I had the opportunity to see 'LIVE' a whole bunch of awesome bands that I probably would have had a hard time getting to if they weren't all at this beachy fest!!! I ate lots of good food, got kissed by the sun, and spent my days jammin' out in a bikini and water-soaked bandana on my head.... it was HOOTTTTTT!!!!











My favorite shows were Widespread Panic, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Xavier Rudd, Madeski Martin & Wood, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, Primus, The Black Keys, and PAUL SIMON (he was absolutely off the richter scale!).  We had 'church with Paul' on Sunday night to close out the weekend and let me tell you... it was epic.  He promised us he'd be back next year!





Who's coming with me!?!

Peace and Love
b a i l y

Oh yeah... and one night I got tagged by those crazy paint dancers!  It was like a game of "tag your it" with paint and I was one of the chosen ones! Holla?!? I don't know, I thought it was nifty.. It came right off in the shower (once I finally got to one) so it was no worries. And Jackie joined me in the fun and let me tag her after I was tagged. Oh, besties!

1 comment:

Dee Paulino said...

music fests seem like so much fun, I have never been to one.