Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend Re-wind!

Hope everyone has had as lovely a weekend as I have.  I caught up on family time, friend time, puppy time, and rest time!  I'm feeling good these days and I hope it stays that way.  Here are some of the reasons why I'm so darn happy:

This beautiful hydrangea I get to see everyday.  Mom's blooms have been delightful this Spring!  It's not just pickin' wildflowers that I love.  I like to plant them and watch them grow -- to see nature go through it's slow and perfect cycle.  Those are the types of flowers there to remind us to slow down, take a breath, and enjoy things simply.  My love for wildflowers, however, comes from their spontaneity -- their surprise blooms that show glimpses of hope in some of the oddest of places, going where the wind blows.  I just love all of God's nature, really.

There are over 50 blooms on this bad boy.  It's beautiful!

My date-night with Mom on Friday night made me happy, too.  It was great.  We went to the tornado relief benefit at Kress Chophouse that Simeon Castille and other former UA players and NFL players (as well as former UF/NFL players) hosted.  Simeon was one of my favorite players while at Alabama and I was lucky enough to meet his beautiful (I mean, really beautiful!) wife, Haley Hunt Castille.  She's a singer & entrepreneur and I just fell in love with her instantly!

I hope to get to know Haley better, as I enjoyed my conversation with her and we talked about her new business of cute tee-shirts with positive messages that spread peace and love. 
I will be blogging about our meet & greet... so I will just say this for now: she's amazing!

The benefit was a silent auction on sports memorabilia and other items.  I scored one of Haley's company's tees and I (in my opinion) hit the jackpot with 2 Matisyahu tickets for $20.  Woo!




Mom and I ended our night-out in high heels on Church Street with a girly dinner at Amura Sushi.
It was the bomb and now my new favorite sushi spot in Orlando.


Yummy, huh?!?

Then yesterday, I went to 'Bridesmaids' with Michelle and had a great time.  We thought the movie was at 4:00 & it ended up being at 4:40 so we were able to sit at Barnes & Noble and have a Starbucks... so we were able to really catch up.  I love spending quality time with that busy real-life blogger friend! :)

The movie wasn't what we were expecting plotwise, but it was hilarious!  Adult humor.  (Don't worry, I asked the Lord to forgive me while I was in church this morning!) Ha.
I got a treat from Michabella's Cupcakery on our movie-date. 
I'm the Choco-Loco flavor's #1 fan!!!


Today has been full of rest & relaxation because a certain little smush-faced dog hogged the ENTIRE bed last night.  I mean, she spraaaawled out.  So I had to squeeze me a nap in after I went to church at First Baptist Orlando this morning.  I heard a powerful and moving message and I prayed for it to continue to guide me throughout the week as I fell into a deep sleep this afternoon. 
My nap time was NO DOGS ALLOWED!

Much needed!

Oh, and then this evening... these pretty mallards came and sat in our yard for a while.  I love when animals come by for a visit :)


Pretty aren't they?


What did you do this weekend?
I wanna know, I wanna know!

Hope your new week is off to a great start.

Peace&Love
me

2 comments:

Haley Hunt Castille said...

you are adorable!! love- haley!

Unknown said...

I am glad you had such a fun weekned! Mine was super boring (which is a good thing. AHhh relaxation!) BTW Hydrangeas are my all-time favorite flower!!