Thursday, May 12, 2011

#CheckItOut

Well, Armageddon didn't happen last night -- despite my minor freak-out in thinking that it was.  I know you enjoyed laughing at me and my bunker, but it is always better to take precaution. 

Anyways, I'm alive and kickin' - but these allergies are going to have to get themselves under control because I'm sneezing, my nose is running for the hills, and my eyes are itchy and dry beyond Visine's repair.  I took some allergy medicine today that said  it was "daytime" but it also warned me that it may cause drowsiness... oh yay, let's see how this goes.  I think that is code for: I'll be taking an after-noon nap when I get off of work.

HAPPY THURSDAY!
Here's some solid inspiration.
One of my best guy friends sent me this on Facebook because he thought of me when he saw it.  It makes me smile so damn big when people know I'm a quote-lover and when they find something inspirational and think "aaah, that's so Baily!"...  Thanks, friend.

"I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger than reason.  I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me.  Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go.  Reality doesn't impress me.  I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another.  No more walls."

I think that sums me up pretty well, huh?  I'm just glad I find intoxication and ecstasy in healthier ways than I did when I was a wilder child.  But Oscar Wilde backs me up best on that: "Every saint has a past just as every sinner has a future."  Here's to the newer, healthier way of doing things... Cheers!

 Anyways, do you love my Natural Life  headband?  I rocked it to work today. 
I love all their accessories.  So free-spirited and so my style.  I have lots.


Oh, I have something to tell you!!
You coupon lovers out there will DIG this!

A family friend sent me over to this wonderful website, Coupons of Compassion, started by her future-sister-in-law.  I am already a HUGE fan... and if you follow me on Twitter (@bailyjones) then you know I'm all over this project already!

This awesome gal with a heart of gold, has organized this organization for a way that people can help in disaster relief even if you have no money to spend.  Trust me, I know that it can be overwhelming and annoying when people (like me) seem to be begging you to donate to this, to send money to that, attend this benefit (and bring cash!), send a check to this organization or text your contribution... etc. 
But with this, all you have to do is CUT OUT COUPONS then send them off to Tampa where the organization purchases the items that are needed with the coupons you've sent, they assemble care packages, and then send them to churches in the areas that are affected by disaster and in need of the items.

Current project: TORNADO RELIEF.

You get coupons in the paper for free... there's no reason not to just snip them out and send them to an organization that is going to use them to send supplies, offer compassion, and give hope to people who are suffering.  What an incredible idea.  Please check it out! (here's the link again)

I organized the first of my coupons and sent them their way!
Jot that address down and get to helping! I found it easy to do as I watched American Idol last night.  Felt good to know that I was continuing to help those in need.  I know that the need is going to be there for a loooong time after what I witnessed in Alabama last weekend. 

I'll write more later... back to work I go. High-ho, High-ho.

Peace&Love
Bai



7 comments:

Dee Paulino said...

i love your headband, I swear we're twin sister's I am rocking a similar one at work as I type this

Katie said...

Such a great way to help those in need -- thanks for sharing!! And, cute headband!

Unknown said...

love the headband!

what a great way to help! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Once again - you're awesome! Thanks for clipping those coupons and spreading the word to others. You rock! :)

Susan said...

LOVE the coupon thing!!!! It's weird -- I find joy in searching for coupons, cutting them, organizing them, and then using them (OCD bargain shopping?) so this is PERFECT! Thanks for sharing and I'll start clipping and sending!

Holli said...

What a wonderful way to help the people that truly need it... I luv it :)

Taylor said...

cute headband! i love that bling on the top, it definitely adds some color and sparkle!