Thursday, May 5, 2011

#AllinForAlabama

Hebrews 13:16
Do not neglect to do good and share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.


James 2:14-17
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.


I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone in my Central Florida community that contributed to my little #AllinForAlabama Tornado Relief Efforts!  I received so many donations and we are packed full.  I am blessed to be around so many giving people who put others first and know the true meaning of helping others and doing good for the service of people with needs.  The Lord has given me the best family and friends I could ever ask for and I truly mean that. 

Over the past year, I have learned so much about life, about myself, and about my enormous need to give affection and compassion to the world.  I don't advocate "peace" and "love" because I think it's hip or cute, I advocate it because that's what the Gospel is all about and Jesus was the most peaceful and loving person to ever live and as a Christian I try to be Christ-like.  I want to serve others and the Lord has made that clearer to me this year through struggling with the fire, my depression, and many heartaches.  Nothing heals me more than helping others and offering compassion during a time of suffering. 

The City of Tuscaloosa and the State of Alabama are SO SPECIAL to me and I wanted to do my part to give back.  That community, those people, and all the special places that lie in rubble are all part of who I am and each had their roles in my life.  It was a no-brainer that I wanted to do something to help.  I am thankful to the many people that helped me collect donations to bring to Alabama.

Peace, love, compassion, and kindness are things that mean the most and are what get us through these hard times.  They are the qualities that the Lord wants us to possess in order to glorify Him.  Serving others is what that spirit is all about.  Thank you thank you for the prayers and support!!!

peace & love
bjj


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are so kind hearted.

Kenj said...

You are such an amazing person!

Mal said...

This is amazing.

Kristy said...

I am absolutely LOVING your blog!! You are such an inspiration and have such a kind heart!! I will definitely be following you now and reading daily!!
Xoxo,
Kristy