Thursday, August 26, 2010

speaking words of wisdom, in the music

I have been in a pretty moving relationship lately.  There isn't just one guy though; there are several of them! Ohh yaaa.  I spend my time with some of them when I'm studying and I've developed such a need for them when I hit the books.  Some of my time is spent with them right before I go to bed, I let them put me to sleep.  Others I get to spend time with on random chance, because I hear from them when I'm driving 'Buster' around town. 

My boyfriends lately have been, John, Kurt, Jack, Trey, Joshua, and Tom.

Then I've had a little girl action from Norah and Ingrid and Miranda.

I'm having a pretty loving and steady relationship with my music here recently. 
My tunes seem to keep me focused on school, and they sing me to sleep from my laptop's speakers, as well as entertain me on my daily commutes via the radioshow.
Ohhh, I miss my vinyl though. :(

John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Jack Johnson, Trey Anastasio & Phish, Joshua Radin, and Tom Petty.

My lesbian lovers have been Norah Jones and Ingrid Michaelson and Miranda Lambert.

When I listen to them, they make it okay that I'm one of those girls that didn't quite "get it" the way the rest of the crowd seemed to.  They sing to me and make me feel like it's okay that I am the way I am, and that it's all good that I have a way of seeing things that everybody else is just afraid to dream of.
They make me feel like I should embrace that face that I'm to the girl with her belly-button showing, that wears Old Spice deodorant, and has an extremely raspy voice.

Everyone's life is a playlist of all sorts.  I've blogged about my unusual, unpredictable, and completely random genre of music interests.  My life's playlist is full of country, oldies, bluegrass, feminism, and free-spiritedness.  It's happy, sad, confusing, exhilarating, inspirational, honest, ridiculous and soul-filled; and the best part about it is that it all means something to me and makes me who I am. 

It's what everyone is talking about when they refer to dancing to the beat of a different drum.  I'm the different drummer.  I'm the painter who abstractly throws paint in a chaotic mess of color and darkness and I leave some sort of blankness in order to recognize the unfinished business I have in my life journey.  The songs I haven't yet mastered... the ones out West, or up North, or in the LoneStar state, or under the mother sun at home or near home in la Floridad. Who knows... and WHO CARES?

The first year of this blog it was all about WHERE AM I GOING? And, HOW AM I GOING TO GET THERE?  And I made myself sick of hearing myself say "WHO AM I? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NEXT? WHO SHOULD I BE WITH? SHOULD I LOVE HIM OR LOVE HIM?"

My music has spoken and it's time to do this: let it be.

Yep, the Beatles have spoken and though shall listen to something as BIG as them, right!?

So along with - LET IT BE - I also learned that all we need is love and that when I think of yesterday and while my guitar gently weeps, I must remember that all things must pass.  They've also taught me to don't ever change and that it feels good to be free as a bird.  I know that I'll be on my way if I'll follow the sun. I've got a feeling that this won't be the last tough time I will have in my life, so that's all right, I've had a revolution with myself and I'm ready to go across the universe to find a ticket to ride the long and winding road.  I have the inner light that I need to the end.  There are things I wish I could tell others, but maybe I can leave what the Beatles have taught me with this....
to know her is to love her
tomorrow never knows
i should have known better
and I get by with a little help from my friends.



I'll tell you about some of my other boyfriends and what they sing to me tomorrow.

peace and love
bai


No comments: