Monday, August 16, 2010

I stopped loving you this weekend. I stopped missing you, too.

I experienced self-actualization in so many ways. It's funny how different it is when I allow myself to love the girl that I am.

Call it crazy, call it selfish, call it bipolar... the jabs do not hurt me. To be honest, I'm still the girl I have always been and I am true to myself in each moment. I embraced who I was and you did not so I am a better woman for learning that - whether it be finding out the hard way or not.

I have never felt such relief in my life. I am no longer held captive by the feelings that I had for you - the ones that went unreciprocated for some reason or rhyme.

Un-chained now, I truly am my free-bird self again and I have a beautiful view from up here.

I was wrong about who was keeping my spirit alive. It should have occurred to me sooner.

Fire burns but it did not burn me down.
Lovers break your heart but the strong ones can put ourselves back together.
Fate can make us believe in love or not believe in love. I still believe in love, just not ours.

I am not lonely. I am empowered. I'm loved and I love back. I know myself better than I ever have but I do not know who you are anymore.

There is a much different supply of love, life, and laughter now and I no longer wish to waste anymore of myself on someone who does not find me valuable.

Just remember, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

-Me

To those of you who put me in their life's treasure chest, thank you for giving me my smile back.

No comments: